Reaction score
Took the Trophy to France for the gf birthday. Didn't go too far, just popping round a few villages before heading back to City Europe. But everywhere it went it turned people heads at bus stopsand in the street etc..
Couple of occasions i came back to the car after doing some shopping to find people looking at it and taking pictures. I saw one 172 when i was over there and quite a few MK3 clios.
Got lots of looks whilst queueing up for the ferry also. I think next time i go i might even give her a clean. lol
All in all did about 500 miles so not too bad.

Reaction score
From Dover to Calais the first time i looked it was £20. But coz i faffed about and was lazy and booked it a couple of days beforehand it was £30. That was with P&O.

My insurance covered me 3rd party, but i paid an extra £6 and got fully comp for the day.

Just make sure you have;

GB badge/sticker
Bulbs for every light
Yellow Jacket
Warning Triangle
First Aid Kit
Apparently the items above are now law, the First Aid Kit isn't but there is some EU Good Samaratan Law which means if you see an accident you have to stop. I didn't bother with the jacket and i keep most of the other stuff in the car all the time. Not sure what would happen if le plod pulled you and you didn't have an item. My guess is they would see Le Trophy and wave you on your way :)

The crossing took about 80 mins. City Europe is about 30 mins from Calais on the A16.

Bloody good day out, and i will be going again on my birthday in May.

and driving on the wrong side of the road is like a bad trip at first but after a few miles it just becomes natural. Never get used to going the wrong way round a round-about through. And the French as a whole seemed pretty good drivers, not sitting up your arse, moving over once overtaken people. The brits could learna few things. Roads are lovely and smooth too, even the back lanes. We took the cost road to Boulogne which was a little bumpy but so so so nice, you think 80mph is about 50.

Reaction score
Visibility vests (yellow jacket) now compulsory in Austria & Spain, but not yet in France. Although will soon be made compulsary throughout the EU.

Warning Triangle or hazzard flasher (must have one).

Replacement bulbs recommended but not compulsory.

UK registered vehicles displaying Euro-plates (circle of 12 stars above the national identifier on blue background) no longer need a GB sticker when driving in European Union countries.

Headlamp converters are also compulsory in France.

Also I'm sure if you wear glasses that you must have a spare set in the car?

First-aid kit is advised, but not compulsory.

Documentation: always carry your driving licence, vehicle registration document (V5), and certificate of motor insurance. If your licence does not incorporate a photograph ensure you carry your passport to validate the licence. If the vehicle is not registered in your name, carry a letter from the registered owner giving you permission to drive.

7MAT

Reaction score
Good info there guys , were going to the french F1 grand prix in july and i cant wait to get on some of them roads over there :D

Reaction score
Ha the place where i've seen bangers etc was shut by the time we got there. Its in Auchan Hypermarket