SCR

Reaction score
Birthday at the weekend - and check out the pictures - had a Aston martin V8 Vantage to hoof in all weekend!

What a car, more pictures to follow!

:D

Attachments

• DSC_0127.JPG
    DSC_0127.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
Reaction score
One of these was in at Permagard on Saturday along with a Focus RS and a 60's Maserati Road Racer, I thought "Um, quite a garage that would be."

Happy Birthday, must have been a hoot, tell us all about it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
seen a few of these now, do look nice:) only just noticed the wing mirrors though - what's going on with them?

Reaction score
Nice!!! I went ot Milan for my birthday... just came back! :)

How was it to drive? As quick round the corners as the Trophy? :p

Reaction score
well as no-one else has said it i will, looks like quite a Trophy in the drivers seat :wink:

looks very similar to Michelle that won the Apprentice.

anyways, back on topic, Aston Martin :p

SCR

Reaction score
Gareth said:
well as no-one else has said it i will, looks like quite a Trophy in the drivers seat :wink:

looks very similar to Michelle that won the Apprentice.

anyways, back on topic, Aston Martin :p

Michelle? Apprentice? O please - she'd be in a way lower class vehicle!

SCR

Reaction score
Cue said:
gaz, i resisted the temptation to say it - maybe dangerous territory :)

Should I take that as a compliment?

The guy in the passanger seat, was showing me the controls, have to say the hand brake is a really bad design, it site on the right hand side at the side of you seat almost in the drivers door!

SCR

Reaction score
Cue said:
seen a few of these now, do look nice:) only just noticed the wing mirrors though - what's going on with them?

dead small, and being only 5ft 2 I went to adjust them and they wouldn't move in any more so another bad design!

Reaction score
That is so cool. I know the reviews of it aren't the greatest in the world, but I would love to have one of those! Been tempted to give one of those track experience things where you get a half dozen laps in one.

Reaction score
SCR said:
Cue said:

Should I take that as a compliment?

The guy in the passanger seat, was showing me the controls, have to say the hand brake is a really bad design, it site on the right hand side at the side of you seat almost in the drivers door!

it was intended as a compliment although i hadn't realised that you are in the fact the Trophy owner! :oops:

Someone pass me a spade i am digging myself a hole!

Back on topic, how was the Aston?

Reaction score
SCR said:
Cue said:
The guy in the passanger seat, was showing me the controls

Did you tell him to stop picking his nose? ;)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lmao - i hadn't realised that was you either. I don't know why but it always suprises me that lasses like Trophy's. (not meant as a dig, but you lnow what the stereotype is with girls and cars) Always excepts to the rule though as Audrey and a few others have proved.

Good combination, hard to beat good looking girls with good looking cars.... :oops: Anyways know the foot is out of my mouth, d'ya like the baby aston?

SCR

Reaction score
Baby aston? it was a 4.3litre Vantage V8!! - way quicker than my usual trophy or our Z4!

would not recommend any boy racers taking one out for a weekend though :wink:

Serious car enthusiasts only, like myself - who is not a typical gal with a car!

:D

Reaction score
What was the insurance like? You can't be more than 18 years old, No-one was demeaning the Aston by calling it the 'Baby Aston' it's unofficially called this because it's the little brother of the DB9 and Vanquish, even though on most roads and indeed the Nurburgring, it's quicker. It's almost a shame that the other models exist or they would have given it more than 380bhp, the chassis demands more poke, although to drive it for the first time probably doesn't leave you wanting more!

Any pictures of you in the Trophy? I'm bored of my wallpaper. :oops:

Reaction score
I've enjoyed driving the 'company' AMV8, of course it could do with any amount of extra power for straight line stuff, but 380bhp is enough mid corner I can assure you Steve;)

The handbrake is of the 'flyoff' variety and seems to me just a heritage thing, would have been easy to have had an electrionic handbrake with a button. When you mentioned the Z4 I thought you were one of my customers I had to zoom in lol, but as you're not there's a trend there!