AST top mounts

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah on AST UK website they are £366 inc VAT.

That's why I bought them over the phone right away when he said £270 inc VAT, I was quite surprised! Didn't want to ask any questions! The only thing I made double sure of was that they are modified for a Trophy which he confirmed, he knew what I was asking for as soon as I mentioned 182 Trophy Sachs dampers.

He said on the phone yesterday that they would be dispatched today and arrive tomorrow, so lets see if anything turns up tomorrow or Saturday! Unfortunately I won't be home if they do happen to turn up tomorrow, but a card should be left through the door.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well there is a FedEx card left through my door today. I haven't got anything else on order that I am waiting for, so it must be the AST mounts. Good news hopefully. Will find out tomorrow.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Scrap that. They did turn up. They were left with a neighbour but the card through the door didn't say that. Just been brought round now.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Two days V's my two months. £270 V's my £306. I'm not bitter, much. Now to work out how to fit the damn things.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah I bet! Almost sounds as though they have had a delay in getting stock in hence the wait for you? I just happened to order when stock is in? Either way, no excuse for not answering your calls and not keeping you up to date with your order.

Is there any way of telling that these have been modified for Trophy dampers compared to a standard set of AST 182 mounts?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it is down to the size of the bottom plate, going to have a fiddle with a spare damper set up tomorrow. Did Marc fit his own?

BTW, i don't begrudge your price or delivery, it was just a win win.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it is down to the size of the bottom plate, going to have a fiddle with a spare damper set up tomorrow. Did Marc fit his own?

BTW, i don't begrudge your price or delivery, it was just a win win.

No problem, didn't get that impression anyway. But I would personally have been annoyed at the wait more than anything if I had to wait 2 months. Just one of those things, I see it that I just got lucky!

Oh I see, so unless you saw them next to each other there isn't really a way of telling. Waiting for my dampers to come back from BG in a few weeks and then get it all fitted.

Reaction score
AST (UK) are probably the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I ordered a set of one off dampers from them specced by Mark Fish for my Mk1 cup car. I waited 8 months promised 4 weeks. The product is good however the whole experience has left a bad taste 3 years on. I ended up writing two letters to the MD at AST and finally got a result. TBH there are other dampers out there that can be had without the aggro, so please do the research. When I read the start of this thread I knew how it was going to end. Glad you got your stuff anyway.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well, there was never any rush for these, I have still not fitted them and they are just part of a mini refurb. What I really hate though is being told one thing and then that not happening and then not touching base with me and then ignoring calls and emails, that gets me irritated. If they are going to be six weeks, fine. If that delivery slips, fine, let me know. Don't ignore my attempts to get information, I can be a miserable stubborn bastard.
All just decent basic customer service really.

I think it was my emails and FB pm's to head office Netherlands that got the ball rolling in the end.