Are we going to be in with a chance of taking the Win - Get Voting

Reaction score
The Trophy has won previous votes on Pistonheads, so I'd say its probably the favourite for top spot. I put my vote in for it and the other one on the list which I've owned - the Civic Type R (EP3). Best handling and best engine in hot hatches respectively, IMO...

Reaction score
I voted (you can also vote more than once!) i thought the list was missing a lancia delta.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
We all know how good these little Red motors are....

We dont really need to be told...

Although it only serves to push the values up...

Im SO glad i had the chance to own and really enjoy one....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know the result. :p I was approached by Pistonheads (Ben, as many of you know - absolute gent) about using my T for the results editorial/article. Sadly, my T is still broken so won't be making an appearance this time. :(

EDIT: I'm sworn to secrecy, so no - don't ask. :ROFLMAO:

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know the result. :p I was approached by Pistonheads (Ben, as many of you know - absolute gent) about using my T for the results editorial/article. Sadly, my T is still broken so won't be making an appearance this time. :(

EDIT: I'm sworn to secrecy, so no - don't ask. :ROFLMAO:

When does the Result come out Andy - did see a post on Facebook asking for the use of a T in Wales with a free overnight stay - so put Two and Two together.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Just pipped to the post - not a bad result for an 18yr old car when it’s now up against 4wd Hot Hatches.

Where not bitter bunch are we - Well done GR.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting result. I do wonder if the GR Yaris will still garner the same admiration in 18 years time, or whether it's simply the car 'of the moment'. Not wishing to sound bitter at all. :LOL:

I was interested to see the fairly high placing of the Pug 306 Rallye too, the one I owned when nearly new wasn't for me a great car - not enough grunt and a chassis that liked to understeer far too much for my liking, especially after the 205 GTi's and compared to subsequent things like the Clio's and hot Megane's, Civics etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
An outstanding result for an 18 year old car that has already won Best Hot Hatch of the century. The Yaris looks a great car that won an uneven contest (how good would a Trophy be if made today). Also a lot of the voters won’t be exposed to the Trophy, instead they vote for what is in their mind, a bit like people who voted for David Beckham as The Greatest Brit 😂.

GPH

Reaction score
I think the Clio was robbed!! ;)
I think if we had only been given 1 vote instead of 3 (possibly like the previous best of this century vote?) or ranked them 1st to 3rd then the Clio 182 Trophy would have walked it .
I gave the GR my third vote for keeping the flame alive this decade but the Clio 182 and Trophy in particular, was the most fun to drive of any hot hatches I have driven in the last 25 years by far (my V6 excluded of course as that's not really a hot hatch - more supercar like layout) and the Trophy will remain my No.1.