Reaction score
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?525921-Whitby-Run-1st-August-2010.-Pictures-and-Videos

Ok - With a lot of persuasion with the misses - Ive now got her to like the T's however she doesnt like the clio's because of the 'Chavy' look and feel that people proceive them to have.

Anyhow after looking around found this link and thought erm see what meets are about - and I watched that video and I started to think - erm...

Reason why Im more aimed after a clio T is because of the limiation and the engineering that have gone into these cars - The speed doesnt really bother me too much - yeah sure the 0-60 would be fine for overtaking when required and how much potential the Trophys have for tracks.

However when I see stuff like this I just think to myself erm maybe the misses is sort of right -

I always thought Meets were all about admiring people vehicles and meeting people who have the same understanding and share the same passion for such a car .... Not to be parked in McDonalds car park ruining each others tyres....

Anyone else comment on this ? Anyone else see where Im coming from?

Now before everyone starts saying stop moaning Simon - Im not because some pictures are really good but some are...
Simon

Reaction score
I'm not on CS so can't watch... but chavs own all sorts of cars regardless. Buy the one you want and enjoy it the way you want to. Wether that's in a fast food car park or where ever. As long as you are happy thats all that matters, right?

Reaction score
Suppose you have a point felix and a very good one at that.

No the family car isn't sold yet. :lol: Trying

Reaction score
Are you seeing a load of pics/videos that i cant see?

Cars parked in a Maccy D's (probably as its a easy place to all meet up), then driving off to some other country locations and ending up on a race track, where they seem to drive quickly, with a wheel spin.

Also, you seem to think that the Trophy is some kind of Italian exotic, created with passion & grace. Its a clio with expensive dampers ffs, dont be such a gay :lol:

My missus also thinks the clio is a chavvy heap, but i dont care, its my money im spending, so ill get something more sensible like an M3 when im the wrong side of 30.

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
Also, you seem to think that the Trophy is some kind of Italian exotic, created with passion & grace.

I would disagree with that statement - :lol:

This isn't your ordinary car that you would be able to pick up in 10 years time - I reakon there are maxium 450 of these little things left and I believe to find one in good nick - not been ragged about and unmodifed would be a rare thing to come by -

Reaction score
:). I bought my Clio with expensive dampers when I was the wrong side of 30, actually the wrong side of 50!! Still aspiring to being a chav....

BTW an M3 is not a more sensible car than a Clio ;-)

is1

Reaction score
You can attach a negative stereotype to pretty much any car these days (I still can't get my head around the fact that Ferraris no longer have a gearstick leading me to believe they have designed for a particular "type").
To be honest, when I think of a Renault Clio, I think of the car that many of the Far Eastern makers used to aim for as a typical European hatchback (stylish, fun to drive) - that's not so bad is it?

Trust me, the image of an M3 or an RS Audi etc. are no better. Drive around any inner city in the UK and you'll see why, bringing me back to my opening sentence.

Reaction score
Sensible car - You should see what Im currently driving ... :lol:

Gets my surfing gear in thou 8)

Thats the only negative I would have with a Clio ... :? Wheres my surf gear going to go!

Roof Racks? :lol:

Reaction score
Gorilla, haven't you got any mates?

Put the board in one of their Range Rovers!

If not you can fit a hook and tow a trailer - joking :) (mind you, I think I remember seeing a photo on here of one a while back)!!

Reaction score
I love these sort of threads.

Who cares what other people do, I've owned my Trophy for 3 odd years now and am 40 odd and still think its one of the best cars I've ever owned.

Each to there own and wouldn't life be a bit dull if we all were the same ;)

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
I love these sort of threads.

Who cares what other people do, I've owned my Trophy for 3 odd years now and am 40 odd and still think its one of the best cars I've ever owned.

Each to there own and wouldn't life be a bit dull if we all were the same ;)

Quite right.

Dickheads will end up in all sorts of cars, so just buy one and don't be a dickhead in it. Simple.

I had a knob come up behind me quite fast in a new clio 197, weaving all over the place, I was just doing 30 minding my own business. We came to a roundabout and at the earliest possible moment he pulled out, about a foot off the corner of my bumper and shot past me grinning like a baboon at me, in that leaning forward chewing the steering wheel pose. Meanwhile I was watching what was going on on the roundabout, seeing a car coming around from our right, divvy in the 197 was more worried about trying to prove something to a total stranger, ie me, (like he had a small cock probably) and shot straight onto the roundabout before seeing said car, which locked up, he hit the anchors too, and they missed each other by inches... I smuggly laughed a the baboon, before he shot off, flat out up a 40mph built up road. People like that shouldn't be allowed a licence. And it makes me angry that they give mature, sensible and responsible drivers a bad name, just because we appreciate what a good car is.. They don't, a car is judged only on 0-60.

Grrrr! rant over. Sorry.