ANYONE LOOKING TO SELL THEIR TROPHY?

Reaction score
I sold my Trophy many moons ago and can't get it out of my mind. The GR Yaris is in my mind but I can't see myself stretching to £30k for a Yaris.
Had a Cup 200 that I let go last year and the hot hatch itch has hit me hard again. I'm a sad man that hits 50 this year and is looking for another Trophy, this time to keep forever. Anyone thinking of selling a pristine example then feel free to get in touch.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That doesn't look to be a bad example at all does it?

Had some money spent on it as well which is always good to see
on cars like that.
I agree Francis, it looks a great example, certainly had plenty of TLC & upkeep. I'd say that's a very good price for a Trophy in that sort of order, someone will get a bit of a bargain there when you consider the cost of the works done.

It is apparently a Cat D car though. So that will put many off.

Reaction score
I am not overly familiar with the ins and outs of what qualifies as a Cat D car,but I would guess there is a few different levels behind the D grade.

So the damage might not be at the worst end of the scale,so to speak.
Granted,as you say Ed,that would put people off it though.

Reaction score
I am not overly familiar with the ins and outs of what qualifies as a Cat D car,but I would guess there is a few different levels behind the D grade.

The advert and Regsiter on here for 186 say the car was stolen recovered but not damaged (appears the keys were lost, then re-found by the auction house, so ended up with four keys at one point!)

If I was in the market, I'd factor in the lower price compared to others with similar mileage (when they are available) that aren't cat-d (but this doesn't guarantee never had damage etc) plus the extensive work done by Mark Fish and the excellent condition (belts will be needed due to time elapsed soon but this would be part of the negotiation)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

I bet we know a fella who's well on the ball with the different 'cats' and what they mean nowadays... @NickReilly063 :D (y)

Even if damage etc is minimal there's no disputing that any sort of black mark on the register is going to go against the car in terms of re-sale in the future. Which thus, as @ldubl says, is going to be part of the purchase negotiation.

It still looks a great car to be fair, all things considered.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry Chaps I’ve not had much interest in finding out about the different types of category’s as in the auction world a black mark is a black mark and usually affects the value to roughly half it’s value.

What is a Cat D car?​

Cat D (also known as ‘Category D’, or, more recently, ‘Category N’) cars are among those where the damage has been assessed to be uneconomical to repair by the insurance company. This generally means the cost of repair is greater than 50% of the vehicle’s total value.

However this car looks a stunning thing and is a real shame in my opinion -

IMG_1372.png

Reaction score
Good information there Nick,and apologies for side tracking this thread re: different Cats etc.

I would guess whoever buys that particular Trophy,will find out about its backstory (whatever may have happened to it) and that research will hopefully give them piece of mind.

The amount of cars for sale and having some sort of damage etc must far outweigh ones that are perfect.
Once the repair work was done 100% and done correctly,personally,wouldn't stop me buying something like that Trophy.

Now,back to talking about cars 😁