Reaction score
Looking at a locally advertised Trophy for sale, just wondering if anyone knew anything about this car, car is number 212, the number plate is being swapped over from T666 PHY to DX55 WEU.

Thanks, Mark.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be in the register so nothing appears to be on the site that I can see.

Reaction score
Hi all, (new user)

I have been looking for a Trophy for a while now. I went to view this car yesterday, it seemed quite cheap for the mileage so I wanted to have a look.

Initially it looked great, but after looking at it carefully I noticed that part of the front bumper / valance has had a respray at some point (and not a great colour match). It seemed that it has nosed into something at some point in its life. I couldn't see any damage behind, radiator was straight etc. The bonnet was full of stone chips so obviously had been on the car for its full life, so it must have survived any small bash.

A nice car though, but not perfect - they obv cost 7k+

The plate was a good selling point - so why are they taking it off?!

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome: Did you do an HPI check ( to see if there was any accident history) ?

Stone chips to be expected, but for 7k plus it should be straight and have full service history (with belts done by now and, depending on need, the shocks refurbished); there's a few around for sale so don't rush (ask gorilla about not rushing to buy one :) ) .

Happy hunting.

Reaction score
This car is up for £6k, but is going to probably need at least £1k worth of work, cam/aux belt and damper refurb, the number plate is being swapped so can be retained by owner who p/x'd it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I didn't run an hpi check, after I viewed I knew it wasn't for me. Besides I don't think hpi checks show up minor claims (correct me if I'm wrong) and i doubt there would have been a claim, the car was straight, just prob a bit of cosmetic damage. As said the car is 6k, but needs some money spent.

I don't intend to rush, and I have seen that Gorilla likes to spot the good ones!

I have a 172 (for the past 6 years and now has 120k miles) so need something newer! Was going to get an r26, but just can't stand the thought of all that weight, no matter how accomplished the r26 is on track. Also I visited the ring this summer with my mates and the clio was simply fantastic.

So I want a trophy - I honestly believe they will a future classic - and it seems that with new gov green taxes / emission rules etc normally aspirated 2 litres will be a thing of the past.