Reaction score
I used to have a supermoto Kawasaki KLX650, it was ace around town, but really uncomfortable over 25 miles or more. They are surprizingly quick on really twisty roads, much like a Trophy, but when the road straightens out a bit the 4 cyl bikes blast past. The KTM looks a good bet, they are a bit more extreme and fun than a converted japanese trail bike, but probably a bit less reliable, longterm. I still see mine about, and they all look really cool.

Reaction score
I had a KTM LC640SM - absolutely superb!! Reliable and really well built it was way quicker on A and B roads than almost anything else (in the end I took it on Sunday blasts rather than my Ducati 748 - it was way more fun and quicker) - the only downside - it's the worst thing ever for the health of your licence!!!

Best fun you can have on one wheel... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They go best with an aftermarket pipe - I had a remus, and the right tyres; it's the only bike I had that I didn't want to changesort in any way (pipe excluded) - I looked long and hard at other supermotos, the Yam was next best IMO but was really happy I went for the KTM in the end - get one.....

Reaction score
My mate races them and been on sky sports etc.... Sponsered by a few big name brands.
He has a ktm and also has one for road. I can ask him for all info if you'd like?