anybodys trophy door handles starting to fade a little?

Reaction score
ive noticed that my lovely trophys door handles seem to be faiding slightly, there not really that bad but thats me being fussy, im worried il have pink door handles one day, how much do you think itl cost for someone to respray them make them look brand new again? while im on about resrays also anybody had bonnet done and costs?

Reaction score
Yep mine are ever so slightly going pink but i will wait untill there totally gone before i start to think about painting them!

Reaction score
Not noticed this yet, but now am worried, pink handles doesn't sound like a good look......

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
red is the worst colour for oxidisation - the Permagard treatment i had done has kept mine looking ok to date but no doubt it'll only resist the process for a few more months.....

Reaction score
power ranger said:
Yep mine are ever so slightly going pink but i will wait untill there totally gone before i start to think about painting them!

i think it would be best to wait til there really pink, theyve done well for nearly 4 years but this hot weather we're having now isnt helping the paint,

Reaction score
Hmm should they really be going pink after 4 years? :?

Reaction score
You would think they would come out with some solution to fix this problem of paint fade!!! Sorry it just annoys me soo much!

Reaction score
Yep have noticed mine too, only in certain light though. Also the boot lock surround too.. tiss a pain for sure. :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Aye - same here I'm afraid. No matter how well the whole bodywork is treated the handles are turning to the pink side... :?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm wondering if this is related to the oils on your hands, the plastic wings have not been mentioned by anyone. I noticed marks on my sills caused I think by legs touching them which a polish soon sorted so I now pay attention to those bits that I do touch.

Reaction score
Both my handles are fading too, only slight but to me it's noticeable. I think it comes as part of the exclusive renault ownersip package, including melting steering wheels, lots of rattles, disco dashboard lights and a poor dealer network.

Reaction score
i dont feel so bad now some others have the same issue, im glad the car is still looking nice and red, think i would cry if that was turning pink too!