Reaction score
wanting to put a sub into my 182 but cant seem to find a way for the power cable to get from the battery to the inside of the car..anybody got any ideas? and help much appreciated!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
You tried ClioSport? More users on there have fitted subs, maybe worth posting something on there.

Reaction score
Adds weight, makes you look even more chavvy, costs money which would be better spent on maintenence/performance upgrades/fuel and trackdays. The cars about driving not cruising around at 30 at night and hanging about in local car parks, if you wanna do that buy a 1.2 and save yourself some money. :lol: Shit must be getting old, hope you find what you are looking for.

Reaction score
PAGANI said:
Adds weight, makes you look even more chavvy, costs money which would be better spent on maintenence/performance upgrades/fuel and trackdays. The cars about driving not cruising around at 30 at night and hanging about in local car parks, if you wanna do that buy a 1.2 and save yourself some money. :lol: sheep must be getting old, hope you find what you are looking for.

whats your problem? only after some advice. i got it for free! weight it weights 5 kilos get a grip!..who says i cruise around at 30 at night?? bit old for that..just cause i like bass in my tunes dont mean i drive round car parks...if you aint got something helpfull say..shut the fuck up

Reaction score
I have to agree with Trev on this one. Bit of a snap judgement on his character.

Sorry i cant help out chap but im sure someone who knows the answer will post up soon or as RS said, Cliosport have a whole section on ICE if i remeber correctly so someone on there will be bound to be able to help out.

Good luck with it.

Reaction score
Hi, I put one in a while back, there is a rubber grommet very high in the passenger footwell, right up under the dash. With a very small piece of wire I slid the power lead through to the engine compartment - very tricky! There are probably better ways of explaining this on ClioSport, as mentioned already. I took it out recently (mostly to free up boot space and save weight) but it did fill in the bass quite well - again I'm far too old to sit in car parks or go 'cruising' around town late at night!!

Reaction score
Just thought of something else - I took the earth lead off the rear lights and apparently this can occationally throw up random dash warning lights - ABS / TC etc. I was very sceptical, but since disconnecting the sub I've had no warning light issues. There are probably far better places to take an earth from, but I'm not an ICE expert.

Reaction score
cheers for the help buddy....will try this tommorow..least some people on site are useful!

Reaction score
Hi, I like a bit of bass to and I'm also little to old for cruising around car parks late a night lol but I fitted a sub, yeah it adds weight but not alot it's only small plus if I want to use the car properly on a track, it unplugs and lifts out in 2 mins.

Anyway the simple way to do it is drill a hole abit bigger than the cable to allow for abit of rubber Sleeving up underneath the left hand side of the passenger footwell so that you come through inside the passenger side wing. If you open the passenger door you will just be able to see where you came through. Now simply thread the cable inside the wing right into the engine bay and onto the battery.

It might sound abit drastic drilling a hole but its only about 10mm, it can't be seen from inside the car as it's well up in passenger footwell and you would only see it where it comes through with the door open and if u were looking for it.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep.. the rubber grommit in the passenger footwell. Iirc its the bonet release cable hole.
Be warned, the grommt is damn tight!

Reaction score
It was meant as a joke and i didn't think anybody would take it seriously. :lol: If you want to put a sub in, go for it. There's nothing wrong with a bit of bass,i love a good sound system, it's a pity the standard stereo is crap and you would really have to upgrade the lot to make it sound good which would cost and add a lot of weight otherwise it would just sound unbalanced and far too bass heavy like most cars with aftermarket subs.