Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone have an idea what the green thing could be for? I've not noticed it flash or do anything other than look messy. I've looked through my cars folder and found alarm 7895 - 7897 manual but I'm pretty sure that's what the red ones for...

Any help greatly appreciated :)

image.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This has been bugging me and realised why today. My red LED is where that green one is and I have nothing where your red one is. I always thought mine was in an awkward place being obscured by the gear stick. What do others have?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wonder if this is a throwback to it being designed as a LHD? Maybe, anyway it looks as though someone has just moved the original to where they can see it on Fiona's???????

Reaction score
I wonder if this is a throwback to it being designed as a LHD? Maybe, anyway it looks as though someone has just moved the original to where they can see it on Fiona's???????

All the alarms were fitted at the import centre in the uk,all done to a set fitting guide from renault uk nothing to do with being LHD its just more visible from the kerb if the car is parked at the side of the road ,added deterrent.

Alarms are not always required in every country so they are rarely factory fitted this is why all the LED should be in roughly the same place.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That makes sense, though still a pita to see if the alarm has gone off.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well.. I took your advice and its not connected to anything! lol Wonder if it was just put in as some sort of deterrent.. So my plan is to put it back to standard.. Is it a pain to remove that part?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well they probably did it to cover the original hole and if you move it back you will have the same problem unless you plan on replacing the whole gearstick surround.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well they probably did it to cover the original hole and if you move it back you will have the same problem unless you plan on replacing the whole gearstick surround.

Thats my plan :] Is it a pain to remove and replace?