Reaction score
I thought I would get this in to save face for my mate. Some of you keen eyed members might see the recaros on ebay, with trophy number 495 on them, sadly this happened in february, foggy night, unmarked t junction, 30mph slide into a stupidly deep ditch, we didn't think they were going to write it off, but they did. Just one of those things.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing... at least you both got out OK.

The mark on one seat - is that really from the seatbelt or is it a result of the accident?

O.

Reaction score
Thanks Will, very good of you to update us. Sorry to hear of 495's demise, It's always sad to hear of another of the 500 gone.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Thanks for sharing... at least you both got out OK.

The mark on one seat - is that really from the seatbelt or is it a result of the accident?

O.

The rip was done last year, due to a girl with very long finger nails reaching for the seat. I think he is going to try buy the seats back if he can afford them, and put them in a 182 cup hes looking at getting.

Not sure what bits are breaking, so far the tail gate, bumper and exhast system, the car landed on the passenger side, but from what he could tell the wheels and dampers were fine, try emailing the company they might tell you what theyve got to sell.

Will

Reaction score
Will said:
The rip was done last year, due to a girl with very long finger nails reaching for the seat.

Will

Me thinks she wears the wrong type of false nails. :D

Must be a pain removing six inch nails from your finger tips :D :D

Reaction score
The guy's admitted to writing his car off by rolling it into a ditch Shabba, I don't think he's going to make up some story about a girl's nails ripping the seat!

Will - how come he's getting a Cup next? Won't the insurance get him into a new Trophy?

Reaction score
sorry to hear of your mates loss.... he has no need to worry about it... as you say these things happen.

insurance companies seem to write them off if they have front damage for fear of the suspension being damaged... hope he gets another though!

from the posts he's been making either he didnt do too good from the insurance company payout or he's looking to use some of that money to help pay for insurance?

my guess about the ditch wasn't oo far wrong then - you'd think the salvage company would have properly cleaned up the seats!

Reaction score
his insurance didnt give a great deal, not enough to get a decent trophy. Plus hes taking over a car audio website so his money is tied up in that, no doubt he will get a trophy again, its just the money factor.

the seats were damaged by a girls nail, she doesnt have excessively long nails, just abit clumsy, its a bit of a sad story on that front im afraid which is probably why my mate hasnt posted this himself.

The girl in question, a good friend of ours, was killed in january in a car accident. This lad she met that night offered to take her to the cinema in his car, and the convoy headed out from holbeach. Racing down b roads as youths do, he stacked it on a straight into a tree, she died at the scene and he survived with minore injuries.

Unfortunately you just have to get on with it, one of those things.

He was talking about getting a type r, so in retrospect a cup is the better choice!

Will

Reaction score
pass on my best to your mate.... sad times and can completely understand why he hasn't posted.

hope he gets over his grief and loss of your friend and that his new business proves to be a success

G.

Reaction score
Very sad :(

I've not quite been in the business 3 years and I've already scraped far too many people up at RTAs :( Will they ever learn? Probably not :?

Reaction score
just seen the seats on e bay...including hole....whoever buys then has some serious cleaning work ahead....they're filthy