Reaction score
Got the Trophy back on the road again! Massive thanks to Mike at Rentech for sorting this out for me giving up some of his evenings to get the car sorted. Yet again, fantastic customer service from Rentech and going further than they had to to get my car done. He even had it cleaned for me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good one, so we know it dumped all it's oil but do they know why?

Day

Reaction score
Saw the engine tonight :shock:

Typical Renault verdict though, they never admit liability, just like the time they left a ticking time bomb between my manifold and heat shield...

Jokers :(

Reaction score
Great news about but Rentech...but from Day's post it sounds like the work wasn't covered by Renault, what's the deal?!? :?

Reaction score
Well, driving along the M27 on the way home from work the other week, my oil pressure light came on. Before i was able to move to the hard shoulder the engine had cut out and wouldnt turn over.

Called the AA who took the car to Inchcape in Southampton. I waiting 3 days before one of their "MASTER" techs got round to looking at the engine, and within a few minutes he managed to diagnose that it wasnt a warranty problem and it was because the oil filter wasnt put back on properly when the car was serviced. They also told me it would cost me a minimum of £5500 to sort out. I was shocked to say the least when i heard this because the car has been maintained by Rentech and i felt certain Mike wouldnt let this happen.

I contacted Mike and explained what Renaut had told me and before i had even finished my sentence, he told me that he would fix the car at his cost and how sorry he was. This was the start of fantastic customer serivce :) By the end of that day Mike called me back to say that he had ordered the engine from Renault and it would be with him on the friday. On friday afternoon i got a call from Mike to say the engine was there and he would be awaiting my car.

The car arrived with him on the Saturday, Mike worked on Sunday, until late on Monday and Tuesday into his own time to sort my car out and put the new engine in the car and it was ready for my collection on the Wednesday.

When i got to Rentech, Mike explained the true story of what had happened, being that the Oil Pressure Regulator valve had failed, overpressuerd the filter and that the seal had blown, hence the loss of oil. This should have been diagnosed by Renaults "Master" Tech and fixed under warranty. This has now left Mike out of pocket for something that he shouldnt have needed to fix if Renault had diagnosed the problem correctly.

I can only extend my thanks to Mike for the speed at which he got my car back on the road and the extremely high level of customer service that he gave me. Yet another 5* performance from Rentech.

I hope that they can sort this out with the monkeys at Renault.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is brilliant customer service from RenTech, the reason why i'll continue to do the 200 mile round trip for service etc.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
top mark for Rentech, you should have a case against renault, with his expert witness statement you could get the cost of the work rebated to mike. As long as he can prove that it was the regulator that caused the issue.

Reaction score
:shock: Shocking about Renault, but fantastic news about Rentech, that's such good customer service! Bumped into Mike at the 'Ring, had a chat about my car, which despite the amount of Trophy's that go there, he even remembered working on!!! Top bloke, top service! :D

Day

Reaction score
I'm sure Mike won't mind me quoting him from Cliosport...

Damaged bottom end....

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

Swollen filter....

DSCF0368.jpg

New filter not used....

DSCF0369.jpg

and side by side...

DSCF0364.jpg

The filter that has blown has an inch long peice of seal missing that I found when taking the engine out.

Reaction score
Sadly because I agreed to do the work and basically accepted liability I cant do bugger all.
Hopefully will get some responce from customer services, probably not. :(

Have you opening it up yet Theo? Seemed fairly potent when I took it up the road.

Reaction score
Not really, still giving it the gentle run in to 4000 rpm at the moment! Shold get the chance to open it up nicely this week if the weather is nice. It definately seems more potent than the old lump :)

Thanks again for everything Mike and will see u on sat for the check up