Reaction score
Just had my tyres changed and when i was driving back i heard what sounded like a big stone or something hitting the underside of the car. Got home and had a look at the alloys and i think the weights have fallen off. (saying that because i didnt watch them the whole time so dont know f they even put any weights on)

Ive not driven it much but there isnt any vibrations and it doesnt feal any different. Im going to go back to kwik fit tomorrow and get them to put some more on. i know they should have weights on but does it matter that much if i cant feal any difference when they had them on?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the weights are on the inside - not sure if you can see them unless you fully rotate the wheel. One of mine doesn't have any on as it was already perfectly balanced, which must be a first..

Reaction score
more than likely that some half wit at the garage just stuck the weight straight onto the brake dust coated rim without cleaning it first...you just cant get the staff these days...

Reaction score
Thx for the replies, never realised they put the weights so on the inside of the aloy! They put some decent clip on weights not the tacky stuck on weights. The right side weight has come off thou which was probably that loud stone sound.

Reaction score
This is a good point actually. Do the clip-on weights damage the alloy? I have not had to change tyres yet but was under the impression that clip weights should be avoided.

Reaction score
Even if they do damage the alloy they are so tucked on the inside that any cosmetic damage will never been seen unless your under the car

Reaction score
Had the same thing. At costco they did this for my other car i.e. muppets stuck the weights on without cleaning the area first, such that I received several BANGS driving home frightening the life out of me.

Reaction score
Well i went back and they said drive at 60 for a while and if there are any vibrations you will need it, if not then i wont. It would be nice to test the car on some flat/non bumpy ground ground but no where in leicester is smooth lol