BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If it beeps 3 times when you unlock it it means the alarm has been going off while your away.

When you get inside, notice the red LED by the gear stick, it will flash a certain number of time to indicate what has set the alarm off, corrispond this to what is written in the alarm manual and it will tell you which sensor set it off.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Normally its the ultrasonic sensor and loud noises set it off. You can turn it off each time you get out of the car if you know your parking somewhere noisy. Know how ?

Reaction score
No don't know will be handy too know.... but its doing it when i lock the car... and i know alarm not been going off as it was only the other side of a window all afternoon when i was at my mates shop???? Bizzare lil french car...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If it does when you lock it usually means you have left the door open or the lights on.

Here is what the manual says about the LED Flashes.

1 Blink - Doors, Bonnet, Boot have been opened.
2 Blinks - Additional Sensor triggered
3 Blinks - Ultrasonic volumetric sensor
4 Blinks - attempts to start (ignition key)
6 Blinks - Tamper Mode.
7 Blinks - Serial line communication error.

To turn the ultrasonic sensor off when you stop the car, turn the ignition off, then turn the key all the wat to the point before you actually begin to start the engine and turn it right back again. When you get out and lock the car it will beep 3 times. Actually this could be what is causing your car to beep now and again...

Reaction score
Mine gave three beeps when locking it when I first had it occasionally. I took it to Renault and they changed a wire in the block connector somewhere. It was something to do with the alarm detecting a power source somewhere, but I wasn't really listening the the service guy when he was explaining as it was a warranty. Check the alarm problems thread, it's in there somewhere I think, probably between page 3 and 5 iirc.

Reaction score
My alarm beeps three times when I lock it. Usually occurs when I've turned the car off, immediately get out and lock the car when in a hurry. If I wait 10 seconds or so from when the door closes before activating the alarm, it doesn't beep. Also noticed that when parked up, I open the door before I turn the car off, I can lock the car immediately without the 3 beeps. Must be a "feature" of the alarm!!

Reaction score
Jonc said:
My alarm beeps three times when I lock it. Usually occurs when I've turned the car off, immediately get out and lock the car when in a hurry. If I wait 10 seconds or so from when the door closes before activating the alarm, it doesn't beep. Also noticed that when parked up, I open the door before I turn the car off, I can lock the car immediately without the 3 beeps. Must be a "feature" of the alarm!!

Exactly the same as mine!!

Reaction score
That sounds like what mine was doing. Have you tried stopping the engine and locking it quickly, but trying with both the radio on and off ?

Reaction score
its getting out in a rush thats doing it quite trippy really its like the T sayin slow the fuck down numpty