Air con problem

Reaction score
Since I've owned my T the Air con has been totally useless 'I know should have got it serviced when it was hot!' lol. I've had the car since 15k and I've used it only a couple of times ever! I just wanted to know if anyone else's Air con is useless? or maybe it's a 'common' fault!? or if it just needs servicing! if so what do you need to do to get them serviced?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It probably just needs re-gasing, none use is no gaurantee that something will not go fubar, in fact generally it's the opposite.

Reaction score
I had mine re-gassed by Kwik-fit at the beginning of the summer because it was no longer getting cold.

I chose to have it done at Kwik-fit becuase they would do it cheap. I left the car with them and when I returned an hour later they told me that the system had no gas in it but that the machine had detected no leaks so they'd re-filled it.

It was nice and cold again...for about a fortnight. I decided to take it to Renault fearing the worse. They told me that the level may be low rather than a leak so advised draining and re-filling the system and including a dye so that any leaks could be detected. They had a special offer on at the time and did the work for less than Kwik-fit charged and I've had no problems with it since.

There's a moral in that story somewhere.

Hoz.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
air con needs recharging every 2 years in most cars, the less you use the more it needs doing as the lack of pressure in the system allows the gas to escape.