Reaction score
ive just brought my trophy last saturday and it was quite warm so i thought il try out the air con and to be honest i wasent impressed, my old 172 was the same but my old 1.5 dci clio was ice cold, i went down to dealer and they said it didnt need regassing. has anybody had the same problem?

Reaction score
Mine is nowhere near as cold as my old 206gti or the focuses we have in work. I'll try looking into getting it regassed. With the aircon set at coldest on blower 4 I expect goosebumps on my arms, instead I'm still warm.

Reaction score
dont know why renault even bothered if the air con, i could easily live without it...
could have saved extra weight...
they recommend you turn it on once a month to keep it running ok though...

Reaction score
Mines rubbish compared to my old BMW. At least it cools the air a bit though, I personally think it is a necessity especially on the motorway and in heavy traffic on hot days - keeps you feeling fresh :D
Surely it's not that heavy?? 12kg or something?

Reaction score
Yep my air con is absolute pony. Hardly cold to be honest - gonna take it for a recharge next week.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Mines lame too, but as mentioned by others i tend not to use it, windows down is good enough and it gives you change to poke the go go pedal and listen to the noise :D

Sometimes if the car is really hot inside and i want to cool it down fast, I turn the AC on and also the re-circ button, it tends to cool it down faster then if you let the AC try cooling the warm air from outside.