Reaction score
Hi, has anybody else here had the air con and heater fan fail on their trophy. Over on ClioSport they seem to think its a resistor pack issue. There also seems to be a bit of confusion about the part number too.

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the second link helps alot. Rite the resistor pack is a set of small resistors these can be replaced but are fiddly and require a small tipped soldering iron. As for the problem that the other person had his was a 30 amp fuse did you check this fuse was not blown? I will have a look see if i got a clio wiring diagram and see if this relay controls the air con too.
As for the confusion in numbers could be different fan makes best to get a part number from renault for your reg number.
Do you have a mulitmeter to check for a voltage at the resistor pack plug?

Reaction score
Ok had a quick look at the wiring diagram fuses to check would be under bonnet F11 in the main fuse box this also controls R/H headlight main beam. Inside the car check fuses F34 other than that the rest would clash with other components. Both these fuses go to different relays so not interconnected. This however could be shut down by one of the control units connected.

Reaction score
Hello Liam, that's great information. I noticed my drivers side main headlamp bulb had also blown so that points to a fuse issue. I'll check that before ordering a replacement resistor at £63. The main bulb now lights after I replaced the bulb so I guess that it isn't Fuse 11 so I'll take a look at Fuse 34. I'll also borrow my Dad's multimeter and see if there's anything going across the resistor on the back of the pack.

Reaction score
Ok, I checked the fuses and all were fine. I replaced the resisitor pack and still no fan or air con. This seems to suggest that it is the fan that has gone. Does anybody know the best way to try and get power to it directly so I can test it ?

Reaction score
Car is now fixed. Turns out is was a blown 30amp maxi fuse. That fuse does not appear to control the main headlamp and the fan as the main headlamp was working but the fan wasn't. Fingers crossed that Renault will offer a refund on the resisitor pack I bought and didn't use :wink: