Agreed Value Insurance - Any Suggestions?

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
With values seemingly increasing, I'm keen to move to agreed value insurance for my one-owner from new, 42K miles, belts done, original specification Trophy.

Does anyone have any experience of arranging agreed value insurance at a value which reflects the current market price levels? I've tried Greenlight for example but they're unable to provide agreed value cover.

Also, there's always a suspicion that the "for sale" prices seen on this forum, PH and elsewhere are a little higher than the actual transaction prices, which would be what an agreed value insurer would be looking at, I'm assuming. If anyone is please willing to share any recent actual transaction prices (by PM if you prefer) that could be used to support an agreed value valuation then that would be appreciated.

Perhaps if someone here is analytically minded then we could pull together and maintain a summary of sale prices by mileage that might help us all in discussions around valuation?

Many thanks

Reaction score
I currently have an agreed value with Greenlight, although I can't remember how much for.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much scope for a truly personalised value, the value was the same as other Trophys with similar mileage/spec, nevertheless I was happy with it.

Reaction score
Yeah I have an agreed value with Greenlight which I only set up this week. I pm'd Neil and he called me and sorted it all out. Was grear service and very good price

Reaction score
I'm with Greenlight too and last year I could only get them to go to a maximum of £6.5k on a 28k Trophy! still better than the payout on a normal 182 though.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im with A plan, and have an agreed value of £7K on mine, although ide like to think its worth more at present...
I have been told that with some cars going up in value, at a fast rate,,, that the agreed values arent a good idea, if you were to buy a Porsche 996 GT3 RS for example, they are increasing in value all the time... So if you agreed the value on the 1 Jan 16, by 1st Jan 17 its worth WAY more...
I realise that the Trophys arent going up at that rate,,, YET....
Just my 2pth...

Reaction score
i work in the insurance industry and although in a completely different capacity to car insurance in my world agreed value has pluses and minuses - the policy wording will be a major factor.

what i mean by this is that you could be getting agreed value but you could have far less coverage than an alternative policy that is on a replacement cost or actual cash value.

in my experience underwriters will give you something thats a USP but limit other areas. to get the full bells and whitsles its going to cost.

if anyone has a couple of the wording i am happy to look through to see if anything jumps out.

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks everyone for your comments. Maybe Greenlight just don't like me?!
If Neil from Greenlight is on the Forum then please get in touch by PM and maybe we'll try again to arrange agreed value cover.
Any recent transaction price data for low mileage cars gratefully accepted as evidence.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting... I've also got an agreed value with Greenlight (for 10k if I remember correctly). I provided detailed evidence of the work carried out on the car and Greenlight provided the cover. I may have to try a different insurer next time around though as I may need a slightly higher level of agreed cover and I seem to recall that 10k was the limit for Greenlight.

Definitely might be worth trying to reach out again as I've only had good experiences with Dan and Neil at Greenlight, right from day one many years ago.