G

Hi guys,

I thought I'll put a little update on what I brought after selling trophy 383 to 'jh106'.

I searched high and low for a decent one and eventually one turned up and there were only 4 of these in the country at the moment... so I couldnt miss out!

Its a 2004 JDM Honda Civic Type R facelift!

th_DSC07621.gif

th_DSC07589e.gif

It's been tweaked with already by CPL Racing and has a Cold Air Induction kit, Toda manifold and a Mugen Twinloop exhaust all mapped up with a Kpro... It should be running about 230-240bhp :D will need to dyno the car for an actual rolling road figure.

Absolutely love the car and it flys! I think Honda's suit me better so am glad I made the change (even though trophy 383 was immaculate with low mileage and FSH!)

thanks for reading and if you see me around give me a wave! :lol:

Eric

Reaction score
looks amazing seen it advertised ive had four honda's in the past and always fancied one of these

keo

Reaction score
i didnt know you could get face lift jdm's, that looks gorgeous. I had a premier type r for a little while it was a lovley car, engine and box were brilliant. I hated the steering though it had no feel imo and thats why i got rid

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Johnnytheboy said:
That's so cool I don't really know what it is :oops:

Its a facelift breadvan.
Stupid comments aside I still don't like that much. They've always left me cold.

Reaction score
I like these tho JDM made in Swindon shipped to Japan used over there shipped back so if you were to look at the carbon footprint it's about the dirtiest car you could ever buy lol

JDM version has torsen LSD but never had it confirmed but sure I've read they have traditional hydrolic power steering rather than more modern & therefore fuel efficient but lacking in feel electric power steering something that really let's the UK model down.

G

Interesting comments :D

Thanks Luke, hope the alloy wheel and PE2 tyre is now on your trophy? I eventually got there with the car, well worth it though :D

Keo/j333evo I know what you mean about the EPS, I've had a prefacelift ep3 before and that had no feel to the steering at all, but with this JDM I've found the LSD has improved the feel of the steering alot more. It feels more positive in weight and you can feel the power/grip transfer and you can really tell the difference compared to a UK model. Not perfect but I've found it alot easier to keep the car balanced in corners.

Hoolio we'll all entitled to our own opinions so fair do's :D

and Johnny... :oops: :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
pm_air said:
Hoolio we'll all entitled to our own opinions so fair do's :D

Hey it takes all sorts, I de-sorned(?) the 5 yesterday and I know it will be a mystery to many but I'm really excited about bombing around in a 20year old upside down skip this weekend :)

Reaction score
Electric power steering is getting better, BMW M division refuse to use it even though ever single other BMW product uses it because it doesn't give the feel or feedback or hydraulic (i'll spell it right this time I'll blame the last post's incorect spelling because it was done on a phone :D )

Renaultsport held out for a long time, but from what I have read the Clio 197/200 has pretty much got it nearly as good as hydraulic.

I recently drove the Fiat 500 Abarth, which is so many ways is brilliant, the engine being a real stand out feature, but the electric steering was really poor, feeling numb on the straight ahead, with an artificial weighting up when moving on which gave little feedback although car has bags of grip hard to determine exactly where it is.

The Civic Type R I drove was very similar, no feel straight ahead, very little feedback, and you had to learn the chassis grip rather than feel it which really lets a car down, but I'd love a shot of the JDM version as I think it would make an ideal replacement for Emma's FTO GPvR whenever she decides to replace. Which may be a while yet the way she overtook and then left for dead a Honda S2000 and Civic (and RX7, Fiesta ST track & prepared Polo and Saxo VTS) on the GP circuit at Silverstone in October, never seen so many bruised male egos as I did that day! And she managed all that on first lap by Hanger Straight, and never got caught by anything until the 5th lap by the two Koni Focus RS's which surprisingly could not take Copse as fast as the FTO but above 100MPH just kept pulling. Oh and a Ford Capri RS3100 which went past us and the Koni cars like we were going backwards!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tidy! 8) Got a bit (lot) of a soft-spot for the Jap cars; especially the Honda Type-R's.