Reaction score
hey peeps... was washin the motor the other day and noticed the gap between the tyre and arch are different
with the drivers side lower by 1 inch.... any adeas wat it could mean...thers no difference in the cars handlin.

Reaction score
1 inch! thats quite a lot but i do remember seeing on here once that the drivers side is slightly higher to counter the weight of the driver, not too sure how correct that is but i denfinately saw it on a post once?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
An inch is quite a lot, One could have lost pressure causing it to sag a little?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You guys must have very understanding girlfriends ;-)
They are supposed to sit higher on the drivers side so if it sits lower there is a problem somewhere:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's likely that you don't carry many passengers? mine was like this - even after the reburbished dampers were refitted. I think it's down to the springs compressing over time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
it's likely that you don't carry many passengers? mine was like this - even after the reburbished dampers were refitted. I think it's down to the springs compressing over time.

Mmmm :shock: , you may be quite tall cue but you're hardly a lump, just not sure that washes really.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
The shock itself will be all black and will look as if its been leaking oil. You will notice it as soon as you remove the wheel if there is a leak. If you reach behind the wheel and rub the back of the damper with your hand, you maybe able to feel the oil if there is any.