Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing it and I know you block off the small pipe going to the block, but how have people blocked off the pipe? I don't really want to go shoving chewing gum down the pipe :oops: I'm guessing some kind of plug with maybe a jubilee clip to hold it into place?

Reaction score
use a bolt of slightly larger diameter and push it in, using a jubilee clip to hold it in place. You could also use some sikaflex or silicone sealant to ensure a good seal

Reaction score
twofivenine said:
any pics of exactly where this is situated?

I would go out and take one but it's cold and dark and I'm a lazy shit, if you look at the top of the engine block, on the right side there is 10-15mm diameter black tube coming off the inlet manifold, this is it - you can't miss it.

Attachments

• Here it is, the little fucker copy.jpg
    Here it is, the little fucker copy.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 503
Reaction score
so just pull it off, stick a bolt in, seal it up and roberts your mothers brother??? sorry to appear thick but i dont want to screw up my engine!

Reaction score
twofivenine said:
so just pull it off, stick a bolt in, seal it up and roberts your mothers brother??? sorry to appear thick but i dont want to screw up my engine!

Have you read the acoustic valve thread?

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=60

Thanks to 7MAT and TrophyDan for the photoguide in this bit, although many others contributed, oliie correctly mentions that you need not remove the airbox. Not terribly straightforward, it does involve jacking the car up and a few other fiddly bits, but print the guide off and you should be OK.

Reaction score
T7PHY said:
But what does this mod achieve? More power, more noise or both?
I will back this up. This sounds like a popular mod that eveyone is doing, but what does it achieve?? more power? better MPG? better sound etc??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
from what i hear it has minimal effect to performance and mpg but allows for a better sounding induction noise.

Reaction score
Cue said:
from what i hear it has minimal effect to performance and mpg but allows for a better sounding induction noise.
thanks. thats my saturday sorted now.
time to go buy some new tools and axle stands..............

ado

Reaction score
Does anyone get any warning light with this mod or is it just the 197?