Reaction score
Popped to see a mate today who works in a garage. While I was there I got talking to a customer who was waiting for his car to be MoT tested. He noticed my car and commented on the twin exhausts and said that he neighbour had a Clio with exhausts like that.. he said it had been standing in their garden for well over 12 months as something had gone wrong with the gearbox. I asked him what colour it was and he said the same as mine... I asked him what road he lived in and he told me.

One my way home I drove up and down the road, but at first I could not see any red cars but on closer look I spotted a car behind a tall hedge. I parked up and walked past the house, sure enough its a Trophy! I could only see the rear but it was pretty dirty and they rear tyre was almost flat and by the look it had not turned a wheel in a long time.

I am thinking about approaching the owner to see if he wants to sell, not sure whether to just knock on the door, post a note through with my telephone number, or send them a letter?

Might be a cheap car!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I would hope it's cheap, as it sounds like it needs a lot of work doing on it. Be interested to find out from the owner what has actually gone wrong with it.

Reaction score
you sound like some kind of stalker when you read that post lol! ye just bang on the door and see what he wants to do with it, im sure they wont take offence

Reaction score
HAHA definatly a stalker!! I think you should just knock on and just say you like the car hence you have one etc and if by any chance they fancied selling it then you would work something out!!! Project trophy.....2 seats and a supercharger!!

Reaction score
Needs to be back on the road or track! - if the price is right it would make a great project... :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Yep, I knocked the door.... It was answered by the most ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant dick head you could ever meet... I could see it was going no where...

Got a better look at the car though... It's in a right state. Green mould on the seats and carpets, tyres flat, brakes really rusted. Looks to have stood for years...