Reaction score
The car below is my Trophy that yesterday was in with Brazo (from ClioSport). His is the man when is comes to polishing/treating cars. The words are his:

Unfortunatly the dealer did a ‘rush’ job on cleaning it. The car is absolutely brand new and was for a brand new car quite badly swirled and in some places very deep swirl type scratches, which after 3 passes with a rotary, did not shift!! Being a brand new car I took the cautious route and left them there rather than compounding.

Before pictures of swirls in bonnet

cliotrophy001.jpg

Less obvious swirls in side

cliotrophy013.jpg

Process was QEW wash
light clay
SSR2 on the rotary with a Meguiars polishing pad

#80 on a lake country polishing pad (s) via the cyclo
SSRr2 on plastic bumpers with a 4 inch pad via pc.
Strike wanted maximum durability and with it being too wet/moist cold for sealants to work properly I went for Collinite 476s. This is known to deepen the paint but isn’t best known for its reflective look. So I decided to spit shine it with sonus carnauba spritz.

I used the ‘wax as you go’ (WAYG) technique on each panel as very light rain was forecast and I didn’t want to be caught out with a polished car and then have it rain before the wax went on!

After pics of bonnet and door after polishing

cliotrophy004.jpg

After pics of door

cliotrophy017.jpg

wide shot of bonnet after #80

cliotrophy005.jpg

Bonnet after spit shining collinite

cliotrophy007.jpg

Side shot after spit shining – I was especially impressed with this as I achieved my aim of reflection and depth

cliotrophy020.jpg

It then started to rain so no great after shots

cliotrophy025.jpg

cliotrophy024.jpg

cliotrophy030.jpg

Day

Reaction score
That PC really makes one hell of a difference.

Brazo did mine at the begining of the year with top results...

Before:
IMG_1860.gif

During:
IMG_1886.jpg

Split comparison shot:
IMG_1882.jpg

Finished:
rearresize.jpg

Day

Reaction score
Brazo did mine for love and a crate of beers, I bought a few things from him as well :D

Reaction score
Hi everyone - first post!

Thanks for your kind comments

Day this car was actually polished with a rotary and a cyclo polisher for speed reasons mainly as rain was looming - sound familiar? lol!

Some info on swirls, swirls can be caused by poor washing/drying practices and using too harsh compounds on a rotary polisher. They are very fine scratches in the surface of your paint and do not show up in overcast light only under artificial light or direct sunlight as these lights will catch the sharp edges of the swirls and highlight them. Here os a cross section of swirled paint

2swirlsinpaint.jpg

By machine polishing it you removing the damaged top layer which isn't actually'good ' paint anymore. Theres probbaly only about 25-50% paint left in the swirled area.

Other ways can include 'filling' the damaged paint with a filling type polish although this will eventually wash away.

HTH

Mark

Reaction score
Hey hey... welcome to the forum chap. I think the site will do well to have your expertise here...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, welcome to ClioTrophy Mark :D

I'm sure there are lots of Trophy owners round here who will appreciate your expertise on this subject 8)

Reaction score
Wow - great polishing!

I tried washing my car last night and the water froze on the roof....

Roll on summer... 8)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:

O.

That is dedication. It was very cold last night, stopped to fill up my washer bottle at perrol station and the hose was frozen. So I treated the Trophy to some Evian.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
oliie said:

O.

That is dedication. It was very cold last night, stopped to fill up my washer bottle at perrol station and the hose was frozen. So I treated the Trophy to some Evian.
Nice!!

Don't laugh - but I only fill the washer bottle with filtered water to avoid clogging up the pipes/sprayers with calcium.

I know, I'm nuts...

O.

Reaction score
If that happens pour a little vinegar in with the water. It cleans screen nice, makes screen smell of chip shop and also get rid of limescale.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
If that happens pour a little vinegar in with the water. It cleans screen nice, makes screen smell of chip shop and also get rid of limescale.
I'm worried it will strip the protective coat on the paint if it gets onto the bonnet/roof etc...

Not to worry - I'll just buy a family pack of Brita filters ;)

O.

Reaction score
Ha, a brita filter at the bottom of the washer bottle, would that count as a mod? Would you have to tell insurance company? Or would it invalidate the renoo warranty?

Reaction score
lol - i was thinking more of having it at home and filling up the washer bottle with the water (pre-filitered).

Mind you, I think you're on to something..... better patent the Brita Washer Bottle adaptor pronto!! :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^ Genius! I'd buy one :D

And while you're at it can you fit a handy level sensor to remind me that i'm about to run out of washer fluid before I set out on that 200 mile gritted motorway journey?