Reaction score
Can this be a vote on the two cars above. It is not a discussion on which is better. Simply answer 197 or Trophy.

Please don't just pick a trophy because you have one and are unable to see past it (although it is a great little car).

Thank you.

jsthomson

Jay

Reaction score
My comment is; I had a 197 and now have a Trophy becuase I felt its far more exciting.

Reaction score
Hmmm probably not the best place to ask this question.

I've yet to drive a 197 but i seriously hope i like it as i really do hope to get a white 197 cup next.

Reaction score
strange question, if your thinking about a trophy then you must be thinking a 197 cup? as full fat and trophy are miles apart, im not up on values but is there not a 4 k differance? the trophy is the best front wheel drive car i have driven, but i have to say white cups look hot and i am told are are not far behind the trophy in terms of driving so cup if i now had a choice, but then again i already had a trophy for 2 years now so i would cay that!!! :D lots of help that!!! he he

Reaction score
Trophy... driven 197 Cup on RSUK trackdays twice and it is cracking on circuit, but not sure about matching the day to day fun of the Trophy.

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses but what happened to my on word/number answers.

I think it is a great place for this debate as it is funny to read the 'I HAVE TO GIVE A REASON' behind your answers.

Regards,

jsthomson

Reaction score
jhlcr said:
strange question, if your thinking about a trophy then you must be thinking a 197 cup? as full fat and trophy are miles apart, im not up on values but is there not a 4 k differance? the trophy is the best front wheel drive car i have driven, but i have to say white cups look hot and i am told are are not far behind the trophy in terms of driving so cup if i now had a choice, but then again i already had a trophy for 2 years now so i would cay that!!! :D lots of help that!!! he he

The king is dead long live the king :lol:

197 Cup, but it must have BS,AC & recaros :D

Reaction score
How you liking the Recaros Steve? I test drove a cup with them and thought the side bolsters were a bit too much, but then driving them on track I thought the recaros were spot on.

Reaction score
197 cup vs Trophy

:?: :?: :?:

Think i'll have to get a test drive in a 197 I think before commenting either way, either that or make a Trophy 197 or 197 Trophy :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy everytime i just cant get on with the 197 driven numerous specs too! Just dont beat the thrill factor for me!

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
How you liking the Recaros Steve? I test drove a cup with them and thought the side bolsters were a bit too much, but then driving them on track I thought the recaros were spot on.

Yes once in they won't let you out :D

Just had a result with the warranty regarding a hole in one, thread is on RS.

A quick test drive will not show up the hidden strengths of these cars, the lack of 5k kick is also known. But it pulls solid to the limiter in every gear :twisted: