Reaction score
I was never a fan of the 4 different type faces that were on the outside of the Trophy, ie Renault, Sport and Clio on the tailgate, and then Trophy on the side skirts.

Emma, my g/f works for http://www.dread.cc as a designer, she has done many of the Pistonheads T-shirts, stuff for Lamborghini and other clients from motorsport and car manufacturers.

I got her to copy the Trophy type face and then replicate it and make me a RS CLIO and TROPHY badges for the tailgate and smaller one for the interior.

As many will know the Clio tailgate has holes for the Clio badge, I simply fiberglassed behind and used some filler and touch up paint as a temporary measure as its a bit cold to get a good finish, but its not that obvious as the Trophy badge covers most of it, and wanted to be in a position to return to standard easily if i didn't like the results. I do like the results a lot, think it makes the rear end look much more considered and cohesive, but these are only my opinions.

CatsandClio028.jpg
CatsandClio029.jpg
CatsandClio030.jpg
CatsandClio033.jpg
CatsandClio031.jpg

nby

Reaction score
wow :shock: , they are VERY impressive mate, they suit the car so much better than the factory set(s)! its just a bugger that you have to fill in the holes on the tailgate

but congrats they look superb =D>

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeah, that's a nice idea. I probably would have kept the same wording and arrangement, Renault sport one side and clio above the trophy but I'm just an old square flat earther.

Reaction score
I like the back but not keen on the interior though.

I actually prefer the standard look inside and out but I have the same Trophy decal from the shop under the Clio badge which finishes it off. :D

Your plate looks ace also, one after mine :wink:

Reaction score
I agree that the renault and sport badges don't match at all, coupled with the fact that every chav and his dog has since bunged the sport badge on their clapped out old shed!

Good idea! Must be a great deal easier to clean too - no longer having to worry about getting inbetween rasied lettering. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

To me having the very large Renault & Sport badges on one side in itself was too much and too cluttered, having the sport badge under the Renault was like an after thought and I prefer the simplicity of having one type face, and the fact Renault have since adopted R.S. (full stops inserted to prevent infringing on Ford and Porsche RS legalities, though I didn't but don't think they will be chasing me anytime soon) on the new Reanultsport stuff ties it all up nicely. The "RS CLIO" and "TROPHY" are the same length so adds to the symmetry of it all.

The Limited Edition integrale's get a lovely metal plaque engraved with number and in some cases the name of the original owner, the plaques of course can be bought new from Lancia if you don't want the original owners name, but many folk keep it as it forms part of the history of the car which all adds to the value.

So having just a sticker on the seat rail to indicate the number of the car falls a little short in my mind for a LE car, in fact anyone getting in the passenger side who doesn't know better would just think its a Clio, now they know its a LE car, or may be prompted to ask what the numbers mean.

Well that's my thought process anyway :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah I have to admit when I first got in I was desperately disappointed with the numbered sticker (more so now it seems there is another 307 out there)

Reaction score
looks ace.

where did you get the red paint from for your interior. :?

Joe

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I don't like - much prefer the original. If I had to deviate... I'd go for the clean look and have no badges or stickers at all.

Reaction score
J90SCU said:
looks ace.

where did you get the red paint from for your interior. :?

Joe

The paint is available from Halfords, though I have removed my red dash strips and replaced with carbon fibre ones, so my red ones are sat in the garage doing nothing now!.

Reaction score
marrow said:
For what it's worth, I don't like - much prefer the original. If I had to deviate... I'd go for the clean look and have no badges or stickers at all.

No badges on cars are only reserved for deluded people who buy poverty spec BMW's and then fit big wheels and hope folk think its a better car, you don't go and buy a M3 or M5 and debadge it because you know it means something, 318i or 520i doesn't look so good. It's a Trophy, a limited run car that's special in it own way and people should know :D

Reaction score
j333evo said:
marrow said:

No badges on cars are only reserved for deluded people who buy poverty spec BMW's and then fit big wheels and hope folk think its a better car, you don't go and buy a M3 or M5 and debadge it because you know it means something, 318i or 520i doesn't look so good. It's a Trophy, a limited run car that's special in it own way and people should know :D

In your opinion.

Reaction score
New setup and layout looks really tidy and symetrical :)

. . . and save a bit of weight :lol:

Reaction score
Sorry to be negative, but gastly in my opinion. Soon you'll be 'de locking' the passenger side :wink: for that proper aftermarket Halfords look.

Although why Renault only bothered putting a lock on the passenger door is beyond me. None at all from original would have been best, but I guess we'll all thank the lock barrel on the passenger side when the battery is flat on the transponder one morning.

I like what people have been going with the Trophy and xxx/500 sticker from the shop, sticking it under the Clio badge. It kind of balances the Sport badge under Renault on the N/S, but that's as far as can be gone I feel. Interiors begin to get really messy when changed about too much from original in my view.

The little sticker on the seat isn't great I agree. The 197 F1 has a much better plaque near the gearstick. I thought one good way of subtly advertising to passengers the Trophy is unique is having the custom mats fitted with Trophy and xxx/500 on. They look OEM in my view. Especially in back, piped in silver. Best money I spent.

The other way is taking them swiftly round a roundabout to feel face contorting G-force :D

It's all personal taste though and what makes us all different. If we weren't the world would be a boring place.

Reaction score
Only just noticed the above, but it's blooming obvious why Renault only have lock on the passenger door, to save money as in LHD markets thats the drivers door so you can get in or lock the car in the event of fob, or central locking failure. the reason its left off the other door is that it looks better without it, & makes it harder to break in as no lock entry point.

Unfortunately we all have to conform to some of these saving items that are trust upon us.

It used to be that all RHD cars had indicators on the right hand side, like Japanese cars still do now as Jap cars are designed as RHD and then converted to LHD for LHD markets, much like every single European car is designed as LHD and converted, the Clio having one door lock on passenger side and wipers which wipe the wrong way are classic examples of this. You produce one set of column controls and fir them to both LHD and RHD markets savings costs of producing two different sets. I think Ford were first to do this as they have always been very good at producing stuff down to a cost. Though the MINI Clubman with a 3rd door that opens onto traffic in RHD markets is just nonsense, though the cost involved in tooling up for a mirror image shell would be massive and non-profitable.

Of course everyone is allowed an opinion, but I have now used a singular type face as the car was too messy with so many different type faces which they had to do as every model of 'Clio' has had a model typeface, then 'Renault-Sport' had there own, then another was created for 'Trophy'. Given a blank canvas and having to not use any other corporate typeface I believe from a design point of view one typeface would have been used. When you have to design with corporate typeface or images you are always handicapped, without such restrictions we can make our own choices.

So to further upset people here are my latest additions to my car, Streamline Carbon splitter and fog lamp surrounds, carbon washer blanks as couldn't decide on carbon or painted red, carbon front and rear diamonds with the boot release button removed and painted capsicum red, carbon diamond with more singular typeface used as once again the '2.0L 16V' thing just didn't do it for me. i don't need to tell folk what size engine and how many valves it has. :D

As always good and bad comments welcome :D

033110001_edited-2.jpg
033110002_edited-2.jpg
033110003_edited-2.jpg
033110004_edited-2.jpg
033110005_edited-1.jpg
033110008_edited-2.jpg
033110007.jpg

Reaction score
Looks good! I really like the bullets, splitter and fog lamp surrounds. I'm not as keen on the diamonds, had seen some for sale on the RS forum, but not seen any fitted to the Trophy. Think I prefer the standard ones.

You just need the rear bumper insert and exhaust surrounds now!

OT: Thanks for the message about the gearknob the other week. I haven't changed mine yet, as I'm not keen on having to hacksaw off the old one!

Reaction score
Nice to see some new ideas and I really like the carbon fog lamp surrounds did you have them made up? I wouldnt mind getting some for SharkyUK (hope he doesnt read this) please pm any details if you could thank you.

Reaction score
Is that Real Carbon or just Carbon Vinyl?

In all fairness I'm not warming to all that carbon. Splitter is fine but anymore it kind of ruins the overall look of the car. Dont get me wrong fair play for doing it as its unique to you andyour car. But surely if its real carbon the money could of been better spent i.e Trackdays ,some money engine mods maybe or even an exhaust. Of course my view so please dont take it personel