A couple of interesting Group buys over on C.S.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
For those of you who have not been put off by the C.S. group buys;

This looks good http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=295402 For those creaky joints.

Hoolio - You may be able to help a technical moron like myself with a couple of queries.
From my understanding these will firm up your steering & ??????

Also do even the screw type require drilling for fitment?

If someone can explain their purpose in stupid enough terms for even me to understand I could well be interested.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
What about the ITG Maxogen one (poke) :-k [-X

You are trying to wind me up arn't you :twisted: No, am going to remain calm until next week when they would have had my money for 8 weeks when i shall start stamping my foot. This week I've gone from slightly irritated to pretty angry about this.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SpaceMonkey said:
hoolio said:
For those of you who have not been put off by the C.S. group buys;

This looks good http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=295402 For those creaky joints.

Hoolio - You may be able to help a technical moron like myself with a couple of queries.
From my understanding these will firm up your steering & ??????

Also do even the screw type require drilling for fitment?

If someone can explain their purpose in stupid enough terms for even me to understand I could well be interested.

Spacemonkey if you are a technical moron then i am positively neanderthal. Ok having read through the websiteit seems that it is really in reality a much better machined replacement for the bit of crap that's fitted that seems to cause so many people problems ie the creaking and slight judder on full lock. Being of better quality it will sharpen things up a bit but whether it will be noticable i'm not sure.
So, a pretty and quite expensive fix for a known problem if you will.
They are only going for the screw type now which requires no drilling.

Now someone tell me i'm totally wrong

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Spacemonkey if you are a technical moron then i am positively neanderthal. Ok having read through the websiteit seems that it is really in reality a much better machined replacement for the bit of crap that's fitted that seems to cause so many people problems ie the creaking and slight judder on full lock. Being of better quality it will sharpen things up a bit but whether it will be noticable i'm not sure.
So, a pretty and quite expensive fix for a known problem if you will.
They are only going for the screw type now which requires no drilling.

Now someone tell me i'm totally wrong

Thanks Hoolio :wink:
Much appreciated mate.

I'll have a think. I do get a slight judder @ parking speeds when on full lock.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have asked the question over on CS so will hopefully be able to fill in a little more later. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in simple terms.. the way the standard units work is a oversized steel tube sits over the shock pin, there is a cheap bearing which can only spin horizontal (left or right) when the car is steered into a corner the whole shock assemble as well as rotating on the bearing tilts from left to right on the oversized tube and the rest of the movement comes from the compression of the "rubber ring"

the new assemble is fixed to the turret, with a race bearing which can not only move horizontally but also can move vertically, so the shock stays fixed and all the movement is now positive from the fixed bearing point (no banging around, this allows for good stability of the shock and there are no adverse rebound effects.

a further feature of the unit is that with the versatility of the top mount bearing, negative , positive camber bolts can be fitted to your shock and the bearing s adjusts to the angle correctly (not just tilting the loose OE unit to one side)

benefits are, no knocking, lighter, stronger, positive steering, better damping, less shock distortion, superb quality Goodman’s bearings, no drilling to fit, they look great.

there are lots more positives which I either cant explain or can’t remember LOL. for £125 you wont believe the difference.

With thanks to Ben.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the time to get an explanation. :wink:

Might have to see whats in the piggy bank?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No problem, above put into words what i too lazy to articulate. The main reason it caught my eye was it seems a much more effective fix than an angle grinder or washer also it should make camber adjustment and alignment a little easier (still to do) amongst other things.

Offer ends on monday though he will be ordering some spare.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got the solid top mounts at the weekend and they are certainly very well engineered and from what ppl who have already fitted them are saying do the job they were intended for brilliantly. I'll post what i think when i get them fitted, in the meantime another GB has been started for those who missed them first time round.

Cue what do you think of these?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
look the nuts, won't get around to fitting them until next w/e at the earliest though, just not got the time or the light.