BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Funny you should post that, I was watching a video of a Caterham R500 on that Hill Climb track earlier on today, even that looked insane, but that was something else, It looks like your watching it being fast forwarded !

Reaction score
Great video's! I'm thinking of starting Hill Climbing next year. Not in the Trophy but in my 1970 modified Mini. It's taken about 4 years and two rebuilds but I can finally say it's ready! Took it out on trade plates last weekend for the first time and I would say it isn't much slower than the Trophy which is amazing for an A-series engine, I guess that's what happens if you throw about 10k at the engine and gearbox alone. he he

Can anyone suggest any good tracks to use? any advice would be great?

nby

Reaction score
Small world, that chassis was build by the same company that refurbished by sachs dampers 8)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I have always fancied doing this but I think I've watched too many of these.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXtIt4x ... re=related

Absolutly mental, George has my upmost respect :)

Those chaps are seriously quick - they do 125 mph where we do 65-70! In comparison I am very cautious - Wiscombe has minimal armco, althoug armco is intended to be a safety feature it is very intimidating. It was interesting, but at the end of last season one of the quicker single seater drivers guest drove a prod Elan (a very nice car) and immediately took seconds of its previous best time - it just seemed slow to him!

To add to your respect for those cars, not only do they have a better power to weight ratio than an F1 car, but those vidoes straighten out the track - hairpins just don't show up!

Reaction score
Good init!
Those vids are with experienced drivers who know the tracks...
You tend not to start like that...
Do a trackday, if you like that, less extreme would be then try a local sprint with more run off/trackspace, then if alls well try a hill, thats how I started.

With sprints and hills you pay your £80 and only get about 4 x 60secs tracktime but its some 4mins!
One min you are eating sandwhich then its flatout - into first corner with cold tyres and brakes, not everyones cup of tea!!

It is a real test of man and machine, thats why we get a bit no plused with these stories of 'my car pulled half a yard on yours around the ring road' ?!
As I have said before 'when the flag drops the bullsh*t stops' !

Join the local club and give it a go, a fairly std 172/182 is a great starter car and friend to have when you over do it a bit :eek:

Hi George :wink:

Reaction score
Hi Pete - greetings to a master! I try to eat my sandwich straight after a run, so that i have time to settle everything down before the next run.

Reaction score
It was a long time back but reckon I was the same spark, I dont eat much on the day now.

I am not too bad in a tintop or even Elise but no 'master' George, those top 12 single seat boys have to be admired, to put an F1 equiv car down a road wide as your drive takes some bottle as the in car shows.
I think some of these F1 primadonnas are bit over rated/payed!

To answer the guys wanting info - try;
The HSA, uphillracers, or if you are anywhere S West the ASWMC or its equiv elsewhere.

Reaction score
You were a tad too quick into that righthander spark!!!!
Good effort :wink: