Reaction score
Fitted the top mounts, camber bolts and strut brace today - geo check tomorrow, had a drive feels pretty good but who can tell on the road, track day on the 24th so that will be a good test. Thinking that the shocks might need a refurb now though, as one had a faint sign of oil mist on the base of the remote res. plus it's not 100% dead straight on really heavy brakes (fine on normal road speeds/braking), did I say before, the Carbon Lorraine pads are unbelievable........ :)

Attachments

• IMGP4271.JPG
    IMGP4271.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMGP4272.JPG
    IMGP4272.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Reaction score
Looking good, I have same top mounts, only ones I could use as my strut tops had been 'modified' by Renault to stop the knocking noise, ie they take an angle grinder to open up the holes, so any other mount would look off as the hole is no longer round!

I have Eibach camber bolts to fit to mine, only paid £16 for them from http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_ ... rer=Eibach Alignment&category=Suspension which makes the other bolts at the ridiculous prices I've seen (upto £45) seem absurd. Especially when the Eibach ones are TuV approved pretty much the hardest test to pass.

Reaction score
Yeah - my strut top holes were not properly round either, maybe modded earlier to stop the famous noise - the ktec mounts went on well but one of them seems to have a little bit of vertical play between the housing and the spherical bearing (about a mm but enough to be able to move the shock/hub up and down a little) - do you find yours noisy on the road? Without the insulation properties of the rubber mounts I expected it to be a bit more harsh and noisy but .... It's only one that has the play - the other is rock solid.

It drives well though.

Reaction score
Nice find Mr Evo......have been thinking about doing this to mine, at 16 notes got to be worth it..
These top mounts are they a straight forward fit ?
Off topic what Evo do you have ?? is it a Verdi York ??? those pics of the carbon inserts from the T, in the background can see an Evo.

eljeffo64 what wipers have you got ?? look really slick

Chris

Reaction score
The wipers are some french make of Aero wiper - flat blades all rubber: work great but cost a fortune!

Reaction score
I have Bosch aero blades on my Clio, didn't think it was hard to get the correct items to fit. Though I really like the Valeo Silencio X.TRM flat wiper blades, brilliant quality and have an indicator on them to show when they need replaced. Had these on my Celica GT4 which replaced the Bosch ones, and have them on Emma's FTO. Not cross checked part numbers to see which ones fit as of course we have LHD wiper arms so need to be careful when buying aeroblades so not fitted upside down.

The Lancia integrale is an EVO1 homologation model 1992 in Metalescent Black, though it has the Champagne leather Recaro hi-back seats from a LTD Edition Lagos Blue integrale EVO2 which may make it look like a Verde York from a distance, though it was dark green with tan leather hi-backs. Though fact you named the Verde York shows you must know your integrale's :D

Reaction score
Will have a look into those blades, cheers.

Ah thats what confused me then, the tanned seats.

Yep I'm afraid I was / am a grale lover....started off owning 2 Martini HFie Turbo's, one went to the grave, the other I gave to my wife. Then ended up getting an 8v which I had for 12 yrs....what a great car that was. Ended up selling her due to the rear inner arches having tin worm.... :cry:. Still keep comparing it to the Trophy (which you can't I know).

I just loved the attention you get from them and the classic 80's turbo lag !!!!! oh and wet weather driving...those were the days :D
One day may get myself an Evo, though have you seen the price of them lately !!!!!!

Chris

Reaction score
This site lists Bosch Aero blades for the Clio http://www.wiperblades.co.uk they do the Valeo blades but don't list them for the Clio, but then they do not list them for Celica's or FTO's. I had to go through http://www.valeo.com website and find the on-line catalogue and find wiper blades of the correct size for those cars, though they do list Clio's on there seeing as they make lots of parts for French cars.

My car is a little bit of a hybrid now, being the homologation model it has the intercoller waterspray system, supposed to be 2500 to meet WRC rules, but seems the number made may be well short of that number.

But over and above the Lagos interior finished with a standard EVO2 beige alcantara roof lining, I sold the grenn Alcantara Recaro interior, it has EVO2 alloy fuel filler cap and filler neck assembly, EVO2 alloy roof rails (very very hard to get now and when they come up silly money upto £600) EVO2 MOMO Corse steering wheel, though I do have a genuine Martini Racing MOMO wheel as well, I can be a bit of a steering wheel whore. Martini 6 quick shift system with Richbrook gearknob same as my Trophy, Dealer Collection OMP pedal covers. I also fitted smoked 'cross-hair' Hella headlamp units which I removed from a MK3 Golf GTi twin headlamp kit as I found that the headlamp units are the same as used by Lancia which are NLA, I get loads of folk walking up and asking how I did it, when i say its as simple as unbolting the old units and fitted the Golf one's they are genuinly shocked. Especially when I say youcan buy a brand new twin headlamp kit from Euro Car Parts for about £160 get all four headlamp units for about half what folk charge for 2nd hand integrale units, madness.

As for prices, yes they have gone a bit crazy recently, I've had mine 8 years (its 18years old this year) now and its near doubled in price. And to think when I bought it it was easily as expensive as a 3 year old Imprezza which would be worth next to nothing now which I considered!

I sold a Celica GT4 ST205 to buy my Trophy, I lived the SEGA Rally dream and it was awesome, the GT4 is an amazing bit of kit, way way better than similar agged Imprezza's and Mitsibushi EVO's.

I will now stop spamming this thread :D

Reaction score
I will just give a note Chris you can the wipers direct from Renault.

Part no: 7711419456 £22.32+vat for the pair

I try to push these on all Clio II's as thre so much better than the old hat stylee! :wink:

Looks good though eljeff064 the only thing i hate is that you have to drill into your strut tops to fit the strut brace. In all honesty is there much ridgity fitting these?

Reaction score
I know what you mean about drilling but when it's all bolted up its solid as a rock - as to it's effectiveness - don't know really but it is certainly strong and won't make it any less rigid that's for sure.

Just looked at the box - the wipers are Valeo Silencio X - 50 euros a pair over here!!! :?