Reaction score
The sole reason i don't mind my T.V licence going up this year. Seems like ages since its been on. I've caught a few on UK Gold, but nothing better than a fresh new series. 5th gear doesn't seem to do it for me anymore, whether its the lovejoy chap or the new format i'm not sure.

+++++++++++++++++ 16 DAYS TILL LOST STARTS AGAIN+++++++++++++++++

wooooooooooooooooo

And sonia is leaving Eastenders.......

TV is going to be great in Feb!!!!!!

Max

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Top Gear too, but, don't you think it's gone a bit daft with those blindingly obviously set up trips out they have? Like the caravan one when they set the site alight?

That said, I'd love to have a go around the lap in the current reasonably priced car. Anyone reckon they could beat Ellen McCarther?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Max said:
I'm a big fan of Top Gear too, but, don't you think it's gone a bit daft with those blindingly obviously set up trips out they have? Like the caravan one when they set the site alight?

That said, I'd love to have a go around the lap in the current reasonably priced car. Anyone reckon they could beat Ellen McCarther?

I recon i'd beat it, She was quick but she did make a few mistakes.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it was alright - interesting to see The Crash. Wasn't as big as I expected - obviously still a big accident but I thought it'd be like a F1 car - bits flying into oblivion.

Not sure on Clarkson assement of the new XKR...

Reaction score
I found it quite moving seeing old Richie H returning and recounting the whole incident... ANyone else feel that?.. Could perhaps be because I'm off work feeling sorry for myself with a dodgy stomach..! :cry:

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
I found it quite moving seeing old Richie H returning and recounting the whole incident... ANyone else feel that?.. Could perhaps be because I'm off work feeling sorry for myself with a dodgy stomach..! :cry:

No, no i found it quite emotional.

I'd have a Vantage over an XKR even if it was miles slower and rubbish to drive, which with the Prodrive suspension and engine mods, it isn't.

Favourite bit was the 'Speed Kills' statement at the end. Excellent.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
- was the lack of comparison to the 911 obvious? they compared to Merc, BMW, Vantage but no 911??? how strange as the vantage was directly aimed at the 911!

Our lass couldn't watch the crash - she said it disturbed her.... didn't move me as much as Senna's crash. noticably a different result though, still he survived so all's good. :)

Reaction score
Hammond looked properly spooked watching the video back. It was a bit of a bizarre feeling as all the comments leading up to the final run were (if you are of a voodoo mind set!) rather ill fated.

I'm just incredibly glad that they are all able to laugh about it now that it's all over. Big respect to the little fellow. Have you ever seen anyone look as excited as he was on the penultimate run!

best line of the show was the 'he still talks like he's got a pillow in his mouth' about Jamie O. Brilliant.

Agreed on the Aston. XKR's are for beauty salon owners and 50something guys who think a 911 is too german.

Reaction score
I had a great laugh in my boss's XKR (old shape) - As we exited some roadworks, he wound up the 'charder and at that moment a Skoda Octavia VRS shot past us - priceless! I have to say that I can't believe that we were going full on foot to the floor but it was hillarious all the same! :lol: Unless of course the Skoda was tuned..

I did question at 1st whether the footage of the run up to the crash was actually re-enacted, it was just so eerie with Hammond's comments.. :shock:

Max

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
I had a great laugh in my boss's XKR (old shape) - As we exited some roadworks, he wound up the 'charder and at that moment a Skoda Octavia VRS shot past us - priceless! I have to say that I can't believe that we were going full on foot to the floor but it was hillarious all the same! :lol: Unless of course the Skoda was tuned..

I did question at 1st whether the footage of the run up to the crash was actually re-enacted, it was just so eerie with Hammond's comments.. :shock:

I thought the same, the comments fitted a bit too well.

I thought Top Gear was a car show, one review in one hour? It's gone a bit too prime time.

Reaction score
Just downloaded via www.finalgear.com and really enjoyed it. I don't mind that its changed into more of a lifestyle-ish kinda show and less straight up motor reviews. Watching the older ones on UKGT2, if they're not reviewing a car you're interested in thats just dead air time, when they're off doing their skits at least there's a chance for a laugh or two.
My favorite part was May saying 'Thats in Kent' and Clarkson quickly saying 'Its in Derbyshire' when they were changing depots :lol:

Reaction score
LOL, ya I remember them saying he needed to follow Hammond just to get to the studio to tape the show,lol. Could see May's Boxster parked up when they started the road works, but didn't see what the other 2 had.