459 lives on.

Reaction score
I picked 459 up last friday complete with 11 months moss and grime, spent today cleaning her up and generally looking around my latest acquisition.

I have always wanted a trophy after looking round a new example in the showroom in my local dealership in Canterbury.
I have owned a 172 sport 3 172 cups 2 Mk1 V6s so keen on the range, last February my 182 inferno was stolen from my drive by a lowlife who kept the spare key and decided he had more right to it...

Then the search was on for a trophy, lucky for me my 10 year old daughter has the same passion for clios and found a trouphy going through a auction a quick phone call for the plate and a search on here told me it would be a good car. 1 owner with around 35k on the clock.

When I have worked out how to upload pictures I will post some up.

Reaction score
So the one stolen from SW London was recovered. I'd have thought the police would have offered it back to the original owner Keith. Strange that he didn't buy it back when found. ~35,000 miles and owned by him from new.

Unless it had been crashed/used in a ram raid as soon as the cops called me I'd have welcomed it home. Even if the insurance had paid out, I think they offered him a paltry £3000 or some such insult, and therefore they owned it, you simply buy it from them for the money they paid you surely.

I think you might have found a winner there Knocker. Good search skills from your daughter. I bet you didn't pay more than £1000 either : ) I can't see anyone that hangs out at police auctions knowing what a Clio Trophy is.

Reaction score
Yes, you would have thought so!
I was in London Wednesday at Kings Hospital so took the opportunity to drive to the previous owners address to return his glasses and the A to Z map that was still in the car.

Shame there was no answer so wrote the gentelman a note with contact detals thinking if it was myself I would be very inquisitive as to my purchase.
Money wise it was over 4k and still needing to purchase keys.
Regards Robert Knox.

Reaction score
All very good of you. A pity he wasn't there. I bet those bar-stewards at the insurance firm didn't give him much more, if anything more, than you paid for it. Hateful people.

Reaction score
She has been into Driveline Renault in Canterbury for a service then my local garage for an alternator and MOT she now has done 34049 miles

Work needed new front splitter.
Wheels refurbished, the original tyres are still very good
May change the exhaust for a stainless system.

Reaction score
i dont really think changing the exhaust really effects the value of the T, the std ones tend to rust and rot too bits, and cost twice the price of a full SS system to replace, it would not stop me from buying a low mileage T

Reaction score
Defo change those tyres as they have a 5-6 year life usually, rubber does not age well lol.

Reaction score
Many people opt for Michelin Pilot Sport 3s but all tyres are a compromise, it all depends what your requirements are and what you're prepared to compromise on.

Reaction score
Keep it original as possible and use in the summer months, I own a Caterham as a fun car & a spaceframe stiletto for a circuit car.

Reaction score
I changed my tyres to fulda this year which I rate a lot and I believe its owned by Michelin. Change of exhaust gives the trophy a voice it much misses on the standard exhaust.