Reaction score
Morning

Do any of you know the typical cost for a Clio RS 182 36K service from a dealship/non dealership??

My girlfriend had to fork out £370 inc VAT for her Cupped 182. That was not including any extra over parts that needed replacing. Is this reasonable??

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: the aux belt is done at 36k iirc so this can add £100 to the cost of a normal service, but i wouldn't expect to pay more than £150 for a normal service so £370 sounds steep.

36k, 72k and 108k are the expensive ones.... as they need belts changing.

Reaction score
Thanks for that

AUX belt was changed. does the costs mentioned include VAT? girlfriend took the car to a private renault mechanic that was recommended to her. He does the service privately (using dealship parts & garage) and will use the official dealership stamp. We were expecting a better deal (friends and family rate + lack of overheads) - looks like we've been tucked up! :evil: i should have done my homework first! lesson learnt!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
that's final figures, inc VAT. Is Angelworks anywhere near you? they might be a good bet or Ren-tech, but that may be a bit far.....

Reaction score
I think i could possibly have the cheapest 36k on record coming up at rentech.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eindringling said:
You got a beef with GDI, Cue? lol

recent experience hasn't warmed them to me, no lol..... i've heard Andy there has just had a baby, which would go some way to explain the farce with the IK GB but he's not used that as an excuse.... which to be fair is probably a good thing - he may have been slated for it, but having just had a kid myself I know what a major impact the first month or two have on your life.....

Reaction score
I didnt have a regular 36k service so i cant give you a genuine answer on this, mine was slightly special.

Best bet is to give Mike Dave or Glen a call and see what they can do for u.

Reaction score
Renault charged me £402.91, thats without an air fillter! #-o

Took it them becasue of warning light (only month left on warranty) and asked them to do service also, they did the service but said they could not find any fault :evil:

Reaction score
keith185 said:
Renault charged me £402.91, thats without an air fillter! #-o

Took it them becasue of warning light (only month left on warranty) and asked them to do service also, they did the service but said they could not find any fault :evil:

what warning light was coming on? i've had a repeat of ABS and Traction control light coming on..... they changed (i think) brake pedal switch under warranty on 2 occasions, but they could never recreate the fault when i took it in. the last time it happened i took the car in with the fault displayed and left engine running so the engineer could plug it in and assest then. its gone back in to have the switch changed and also they are going to check the wiring all under warranty.

Reaction score
ECU logs the fault as cyl. 2 misfire detected, the fault light flashes, usually on idle.

Looking around on forums etc seems to either be plugs,leads, coil pack or the injector. Does not affect running, will clear after few minutes.

Very intermittent been ok for few weeks now.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if the light stays on for more than 10 seconds (i think it's seconds) it stores the fault in the ecu for the diagnostics equipment to read.

Reaction score
Ive just been ringing about for my 60k service, reno quoted £224.
A coupe of independent garages quoted £170.
Then a went to see my mate who has his own garage, he is very good, asked him to give me a price without oil and air filter as i have bought them, £50, sorted. He laughed for about 5 mins when i told him how much reno were going to charge.