#302 For Sale 64k and Sachs just refurbed

Reaction score
For Sale 302 with 64k Miles. *Sachs just refurbed 100 miles ago by BG

It’s with sadness that I’m selling 302 but I feel it’s time to move on and try something different (MINI Cooper S Works) as I don’t plan on keeping any car forever.
I have owned it since May 2014 and it has been my pride and joy. Only used as a weekend car. The previous owner (Cribert) had spent a lot of time and money getting it into fantastic condition and I think that I have added to it.

There is a folder full of receipts and service history, documenting the majority of its life from new. In the last 3 years there has been close to £4000 spent on the car getting it to the condition it’s in today. I have the receipts as proof.
I had the Sachs refurbed by BG just 2 months ago. The shocks are unpinned and adjustable. I also gave the front suspension a full refresh with new genuine top mounts, genuine wishbones, track rod-ends and powerflex arb bushes. New Genuine dogbone mount fitted. I have camber bolts fitted and had an alignment carried out. Front is set to -1.5 deg. Including the refurb, this all cost £800 in parts alone.
The suspension is as close to factory fresh that you will get. Needless to say everything feels taut and responsive.

Here’s a description;

BODYWORK
Front and back bumpers and bonnet were painted by previous owner (Protek in Bathgate carried out the work to an impeccable standard. ‘Gally’ from Cliosport works here). They were painted to remove stone chips and a small mark on the back bumper. I can honestly say you would not know it has been painted. Colour match is perfect!
This was only done approx 3k miles ago, so the paintwork is in excellent condition for the age of the car.
The alloys were also refurbed at the same time and they look like new. New wheel bolts were bought also. Tyres have approx 5-6mm. Back are Toyo T1R and fronts are PS3
All plastics and roof rails are perfect – no ‘pinking’
I gave the car a full machine polish and paint correction and it is regularly washed and waxed etc.

INTERIOR
The interior is in excellent condition
*There is a small burn type mark on the driver’s seat. It is small and was there when I bought it and it honestly doesn’t annoy me or take away from the look of it. (See pictures) Seats were cleaned and leather treatment used.
Rear seats are leather and suede from a 172 I think and look so much better than the poverty spec Trophy rear bench.

Sabelt steering wheel retrimmed in black alcantara and red stitching with Trophy logo by Royal Steering Wheels. Matching gearstick gaiter (Done approx 1000 miles ago, so like new) Ph1 stalk with horn fitted. Richbrook gear knob.
Yanoo stiff shift kit fitted to make the gear change much more precise
Kenwood Bluetooth Head unit fitted and I have the adapter fitted so it works with the steering wheel controls. (Also have the original Renault HU)
Heater facia has been replaced and the interior is spotless.

ENGINE BAY
Engine bay is spotless and I have painted the engine and most of the ancillaries.
There is a CDA genuine carbon fibre induction kit fitted (it’s one of the best available and sounds nice – but not too loud when up the rev range) I have the original air box and fittings also.
Car has RS Tuner 98 RON map.
Battery cover and most of the rusted bolts have been replaced with high tensile cap headed bolts or stainless steel bolts where needed
Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts (like new)
*There is a VERY SLIGHT oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover gasket. This is a common 182 problem and is only very small.

RUNNING GEAR
*Timing belt was changed in 2012 by Renault. Not due until next year
Oil changed 2 weeks ago with genuine Renault oil and filter.

IN 2015,
Sachs refurbed in November along with front suspension refresh
Brand new headlight units fitted with uprated bulbs
Gearbox oil changed with fully synthetic
Brake fluid changed
Coolant changed with Renault type D
Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts

OTHER WORK CARRIED OUT
Aux belt and tensioner in 2014
Coilpack, leads and spark plugs
All brake discs and pads are hardly worn. New discs, pads and rear callipers fitted. All callipers painted red.
Genuine Sachs rear shocks fitted.
Car has a K-Tec Ultrasport 2 ½” exhaust fitted. I had a silencer put into the mid pipe as it was a little too loud for my liking, but now it’s fine for me...a nice note when up the rev range but not much of a drone when on the motorway.
Also has the ‘Cat mod’ where the restrictive 2” rear part of the cat is cut off and replaced with a 2 ½” piece. This means that the exhaust is freer flowing.

SUMMARY

I would describe this car overall as in excellent condition for a 10 year old car and there has been no expense spared in my ownership. It wants for nothing and the next owner will have a car to enjoy for a long time to come.
The car is MOT until November 2016
As you well know these cars are fast becoming a collector’s car and I would keep it as an investment if I had the room. A car in this condition will only increase in value.

PRICE £6500ono Considering the low mileage and overall condition of this car, bearing in mind the money spent on maintaining it to this standard. There are cheaper Trophy’s out there but this one comes with the peace of mind that the front suspension has just been refurbed and refreshed and the rear shocks were renewed not too long ago. It just leaves the car ready to enjoy!
I live in Northern Ireland and can meet any potential buyers at ferry terminals or airports. I travelled to Glasgow to buy this car and it was a great road trip home to get acquainted with it! The car still has the original UK plate ‘LX55 P..’

Feel free to get in touch with any questions.

Thanks,

Mark.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG2310.jpg
    IMAG2310.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMAG2308.jpg
    IMAG2308.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 330
  • IMAG1151.jpg
    IMAG1151.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 349
  • IMAG1888.jpg
    IMAG1888.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 336
  • IMAG2315.jpg
    IMAG2315.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
  • IMAG2314.jpg
    IMAG2314.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 332
  • IMAG2312.jpg
    IMAG2312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • IMAG1651.jpg
    IMAG1651.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 326
  • IMAG2320_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG2320_BURST002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 314
  • IMAG2321.jpg
    IMAG2321.jpg
    942.7 KB · Views: 313
Reaction score
Bang on the price point I would say. A refreshing change from the recent silly pricing

Reaction score
wow - nice car mate.

looks well cared for. good luck with the sale

Reaction score
Cheers Fellas.
Some more pics to add
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'll advertise it here for a few days before it goes onto PH.

Attachments

• IMAG1602.jpg
    IMAG1602.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG2322.jpg
    IMAG2322.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG2324.jpg
    IMAG2324.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG2326.jpg
    IMAG2326.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 303

r0m

Reaction score
Weekend Bump....I am sooo tempted... I keep looking at this thread, someone please buy it !!!

Reaction score
NOW SOLD!
Sad to see it go but hopefully new owner will look after it and join the forum at some stage!

Reaction score
Sorry to see you sell it. But congrats on the sale.

Thanks very much!
I was sad to see it drive away and it was literally in 'Mint' condition..as some might say....LOL.

Absolutely cracking little car but I fancy an R26 now.

Reaction score
Ive been looking at them as well?

They seem like a natural progression from the Trophy. A little more civilised but still a very capable car when you want it to be. Plus with a few mods they seem to be capable of 270+ bhp

Plus they seem to be fairly good value for money.

Reaction score
You'd be better stretching your budget and buying a 250 - 300bhp after a map and better built than the R26.

I have to admit though I loved my r26 just not the rattling dash.

Reaction score
The 250/265 look the part but my budget won't stretch to a nice one. I would maybe buy one in a few years.My garage looks so empty without a car in it :-(

l
You'd be better stretching your budget and buying a 250 - 300bhp after a map and better built than the R26.

I have to admit though I loved my r26 just not the rattling dash.

Reaction score
Do your research on the r26, as a poor one will cost a fortune to sort ie hub bearings etc.

Reaction score
This dealer has bought a few Trophys lately and is asking very strong money! But I also think that Trophys that are in very good / excellent condition have been undervalued. In a few years time a car that has been well looked after could genuinely be worth 9k as more of them are neglected and not maintained properly due to the expense of dampers etc.