Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it's now just over a year since the last service [-X and was pondering whether to get the belts done as it will be 3 in october, thing is it's only done 9k. :oops:

What's everyone else doing and what's your opinion?

Reaction score
Depends who you talk to, some say 36K 3yrs others 36K 5yrs.

Having seen what a snapped aux can do to an RS, it's defo worth doing. (normally gets wrapped in the cambelt, caaabooooommm #-o )

But with your miles you may be ok for a while :D

Had mine done as i may keep Tommy for another year due to the dreamers out there :!:

Look out, mr wishbone may want yours for £6500 :D :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :D [-X as it's a low mile & owner car :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah i saw that you had had yours done which was what got me thinking.
g40steve said:
Look out, mr wishbone may want yours for £6500 :D :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :D [-X as it's a low mile & owner car :wink:

I don't think so, i happen to think with the mileage and all the bits on it it would be worth every penny of £11kwell i caa dream

Good to hear you'll be hanging around for a little while longer.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Depends who you talk to, some say 36K 3yrs others 36K 5yrs.

I have my garage insisting that it needs doing at 36k or 3 years (ie now). Hand books states 36K or 5 years! Something fishy going on here! Is there a warranety issue that is not being addressed properly if you haven't done 36k within 3 years!

Reaction score
Just had mine done by the dealer as part of the 3 year service = £547.00 :( . Good dealer (AKS Renault) but didn't check the belt had come in so it took 'em two days. But they washed it within an inch of its life!

Reaction score
When changing the aux belt are there any other parts that need changing at the same time?

Reaction score
I've just booked mine in at Renault London City. Its covered just over 34,000 but will be 3 yrs old in September. When I asked them if the belt needed changing they said no.....They said 74,000 miles or 5 years!

Assume I'll need the belt changing then? Correct?

Cheers in advance,

Karl.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Check out Cue's post above, yes you willl need the "aux" belt done

Reaction score
Nice, £547 for the service plus £300 for 2 new Exaltos to get it thru the MOT and all in one week! Barclaycard will be red hot this month!

Still better than the belt going on me tho!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Karlos said:
Nice, £547 for the service

No, that's not right :? , that price sounds like the 72k (cambelt) service. If that is correct i'd be ringing around.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Just had mine done by the dealer as part of the 3 year service = £547.00 :( . Good dealer (AKS Renault) but didn't check the belt had come in so it took 'em two days. But they washed it within an inch of its life!

Johnnytheboy would say otherwise?

Reaction score
Don't just ask for the belt to be replaced.

Get the complete kit, as it includes idlers & tensioners.

You wonder why so many 3 yr old trophys are up for sale cheap, some can't afford to run them :wink:

Them that buy a cheap one soon find out why it was cheap :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
I just plugged the 36k service into MyRenault's online booking service and have come back with values around £500 for a couple of my local dealers... oh well I'll have to cut back on the coke and prozi's for a month :lol:

Reaction score
I thought the standard intervals were 2 years or 12k miles.

Sticking with that the car would not always have a 3 year service if it was low miles.

And 36k would not be 3 years but 6?

Reaction score
1 year or 12k, whichever comes first is the way to go (with a possible 6k oil change).
You should always be looking to get your car in earlier not later when it comes to preventitive maintenance. I'm only at 21k after 3 years and I'm not using that as an opportunity to not get the aux belt done.

Ajr

Reaction score
Renault did my aux belt service 9k ago, found when having the cambelt done this week that the aux belt tensioner was seized :(

Had my cambelt done at 50k just over 3 yrs, the tensioner and idler were both worn so i'm glad i got it done. Another 3 years and 50k to go! Will do the aux belt kit myself at 80k.