Reaction score
Cheers for that Matt

I still have your pm from a while ago the tailgate and glass look very good quality and fit.

Is yours lowered aswell ? Mark Fish springs ?

Cheers

kam

Reaction score
How does the carbon bonnet hold up to stone chips?

Really want to get one but worried it will look crap after a couple of motorway runs.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
What were the 3 Peaks ?

I'd be amazed you wouldn't know this but i expect you're clarifying which 3 peaks as there's actually two 3 peaks challenges as such, normally done on foot:

1. the three highest points in the UK; Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowden, usually all done within 24hrs
2. and Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough all in one circular route within 12 hours (this being the original and true 3 peaks challenge that originated in good old Yorkshire). I think you're meant to start in Ribblesdale from memory but it's a long time since I went biking around there.

Personally i'd think for a car a good challenge would be something like the highland of Scotland, Cumbria, Yorkshire Dales/Peak District and North Wales in 24 hours.... you'd be knackered after it so maybe over two days to explore the regions properly.

They are by far the best of the mainland road areas i've been to, maybe include North Yorkshire into that also.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
kam said:

Really want to get one but worried it will look crap after a couple of motorway runs.
a good bonnet should be fine - you get varying qualities of carbon weave which put me off getting one. A couple of coats of capsicum red then several coats of lacquer would look excellent imo, just so you can see the weave through the paint.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah I mean what are the names of the 3 peaks. i.e Scafell

Reaction score
kam said:

I've had a K-Tec one and now I've got an X-Sport one and both of them have been fine with the abuse I give the car and probably better than the standard one it resisting damage.........

I got the X-sport one as its a lot stiffer than others and therefore flexes less at high speeds.

:)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nice one mate, looks like a lot of fun. :D Some of those roads you drove are fantastic.