Reaction score
Hi all havent posted for years but allways havbe a browse on the forums, anyway T450 has hit 26k and in need of a service...couple of questions.
1)- Do i get the aux and cam belts done as its nearly 5yrs old (and if so is it cheaper to buy these parts myself)?
2)- I 've upgraded to brembo HC and DS2500 upfront but the rears are still original are new OEM rear discs and pads fine or upgrade these too?
3) - I've tried contacting Rentech and had no joy, anyone recommend a garage in South Wales/Bristol areas?
4)- I'm gonna get all the scratches and small dents sorted before a full detailing session, any recommended scratch removers in South Wales\Bristol?
5)- Is it worth having a remap as I have an ITG Maxogen (love the sound) and a Scorpion 192 exhaust?
6)- i still cant get the wiper mod to work on my T anyone else had the same problem? (fitted three stalks and none worked, must be the wiring on the clio and not the stalks).

cheers all.

Reaction score
Hi!

1) definately get the belts changed.I am in a similar situation myself at the moment (car us on 32k) and just booked it in. I bought my own parts, not so much to save money but to ensure they use genuine Renault parts. Also changing the water pump as my mates 182's just failed on a 2004 plate.
2) Imo if your not doing a lot of track days I would say your brake setup is fine. Your setup is largely considered the way to go on Clio sports.
3) can't help sorry
4) can't help sorry
5) I'm running a panel filter and orb exhaust and had a remap at rs tuning last sept - the car is so much better to drive. I will try and dig out the results thread which is on here somewhere.
6) was already done when I bought the car so not sure sorry

Rich

Reaction score
cheers for the reply,
how much is the water pump and how long\much to fit?

ta.

Reaction score
How far is k-tecracing? They are pretty resonable when it comes to belts.

Rear brakes do sod all so OE is fine.

IKs are a waste of money and unless you have new cams etc so are remaps. Infact I had an IK fitted(admittedly not a maxogen) and put the standard airbox back on for a trackday and the car felt so much better the IK is now on ebay.

Your list of engine mods runs to over £1000 and if you get 5bhp i'd be gobsmached!! I have been to a few RR days and apart from the odd car with huge money spent on it, standard cars run just as good if not better than ones with minor mods!!

Best mod by far is track tyres. For about £400 you improve your braking, accelaration and cornering!!

Reaction score
I believe a genuine water pump is around the £69 pound mark. My garage said an extra 30 mins labour on top of everything else.

Most people on Cliosport forum say that it is rare that the water pump fails and it is a "myth" that you should replace it at the same time as the Cambelt but for the sake of maybe 80-100quid I would much prefer to take the safe option, especially considering my mates just failed and cost him almost as much as my Cambelt change will.

Obviously others may have a different opinion on this.

Reaction score
cheers guys i will prob do the water pump if its easier/cheaper whilst doin the belts, i'll have a rethink on remap for now.

btw - my engine mods cost £555 :wink: (£330 for Scorpion and a bare carbon Maxogen enclosure was £70 on ebay but i needed the mounting plate £20 the filter element £45 and used a modified Samco induction hose and other bits £90)