#266 Suspension/Transmission Rebuild 2017/2018 Last year in March, I decided to refresh things a little by having the Dampers refurbished, they were well overdue and after seeing some of Rik’s work I couldn’t resist having them done. I put the car on the lift and set about stripping it down. I wasn’t long before I realised it could do with a bit more than a little refresh, a more major refresh was required. I made the decision to strip it down further and refurbish/replace the entire suspension, brakes and transmission. Below is the list of parts which have been fitted. Either brand new or refurbished parts were used. Front: Refurbished Sachs Dampers inc DLC shafts. PMS Solid Top Mounts Damper/hub fixing bolts Mark Fish Springs Refurbished Hubs Wheel Bearings Refurbished Brake Callipers & Brackets Brake Discs Pagid RS2-4 Brake Pads Dot 4.1 Fluid Wishbones/Ball Joints Power-flex Wishbone Bushes Powder-coated Anti-Roll Bar Power-flex Anti-Roll Bar Bushes Powder-coated Subframe Powder-coated Subframe/Chassis Mounting Brackets Powder-coated Lower Gearbox Mount Bracket Lower Gearbox Mount Vapour Blasted Upper Gearbox Mounting Brackets Gearbox Rebuilt at Agency Transmissions Gearbox End Cover/Seal Gearbox Oil Driveshafts Clutch Clutch Cable Oil Catch Tank/Hoses/Filter Sump Gasket Engine Oil/Filter Zinc Coated Fixings Throughout Rear: Powder-coated Rear Axle Beam Powder-coated Axle Beam Mounting Brackets Power-flex Rear Beam Bushes Refurbished Hubs Refurbished Whiteline ARB Brake Disks/Bearings Refurbished Brake Callipers & Brackets Ferodo DS-2500 Brake Pads Sachs Rear Dampers Mark Fish Springs Power-flex Rear Exhaust Mount Inserts Zinc Coated Fixings Throughout I didn’t keep track of the costs but a quick estimate comes up with at least £3500. Quite a lot considering you don’t see any of it once it’s back together, only when you put it on the lift and look underneath do you see how good it looks. A fair amount of time was also put into it but it’s been quite enjoyable, it also put the lift to good use, I wouldn’t have enjoyed it so much without it and probably wouldn’t have put as much time and attention to detail into it. Mechanical, the car is now in good shape. The body work looks good but it could do with some respray work to freshen it up, particularly the front bumper and bonnet, that’s next on the list. I’ve just finished putting everything back together today. The MOT ran out last year so I’ve not been able to test it, I can’t wait to drive it but I’m going to hold off for an MOT for a few more weeks, the future plan is to use it in the summer months and put it away for winter. It’s been stood for 10 months or so whilst the work has been carried out, I turned the key earlier and it started on the first go. Every part of me wanted to get in it and go for a drive! I took loads of pictures throughout, here’s the build progress in picture form... First job was to remove the dampers and send them to Rik. I then started on the rear whilst they were away. Some before pictures... Powder-coated rear axle beam... Powder-coated rear beam mounting brackets and crash plates. Refurbished Brakes... Mark Fish Springs... New Discs/Bearings fitted onto Refurbished Rear Hubs... Built up Rear Axle Beam. Refurbished Whiteline ARB. Rear Sachs fitted with Powerflex bushes.