Reaction score
Good morning all.
normally i enjoy the attention i get when i drive the T around however last night, my pride and joy landed me in hot water and now needing new parts.
driving home last night back to my student house with friends, we were waiting at lights (those of you who know southampton will know what im talking about) when two micras full of drunk 17 year old lads where 'eying us up'. from the offset i had pissed them off apparently. after an overtake from me to filter into my correct lane, that really fucked the situation. which lead to them following me around Bedford place (local student area). i figured worst case scenario, im gonna get a load of abuse hurled at me and a kebab over the car, wrong....
saw a friend walking to ours, so i made use of a joining road to turn around and pick him up. the two following cars then proceeded to block my escape back the way i came, as they all started piling out of the cars, hoods up weapons in hand (bottles, and fuck knows whatelse), one lad starting spiriting toward my car wine bottle raised over his head.
to those of you that are un-aware Reverse is a shit gear to try and escape a situation in. only thing going though my mind, get me and my mates out of this situation right now, Ive seen enough people in A+E from drunk fights to know how this could have ended.
short of it, reversing at 40 was never going to end well, and dont have the skill or knowledge of how to J turn, so i just tired to do a turn in the road and yer admittedly got it wrong and smacked up a wall, and now the back end of 264 is in need of love. after seeing my car crash, all the lads ran back to the car and drove off, probably laughing their heads off, but also probably for the better, fuck knows how drug/alcohol fueled they were to warrant that response, to ..... i dont know, and over take perhaps? my car? i have no idea.

a Police report has been filled and hopefully those little bastards will get theirs.

ok so what do i need?

i need a rear tail light cluster, left
a new exhaust the scorpion is beyond repair anything really, standard or not.
new Turinis ideally 4 (thats another long story)
a new rear bumper
for now i think thats about it.

if you want pictures and a progress on repair ill oblige, 264 was a lovely example and has been my pride and joy. im absolutely gutted that this has happened. aim of the game get it back to pristine again.

thanks for the time gents, hope you all have a good weekend.

Reaction score
P.S Sorry about the grammer, spelling and cussing.
P.S.S I also have a Service light,and ESP light on...... how much of a ballache are they going to be?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The serv and esp light could well be the brake pedal switch. Hope you get it all sorted you will probably have more joy with the parts over on CS but google Cit-Ren I think it is, they are a breakers.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, i had a similar situation whilst at uni in my 306 Rallye, ended up with a 10 mile car chase to the nearest police station - safest place to get to i thought!!

Re: the parts, there's plenty of 1*2's being broken on CS at the moment, unfortunately most of my 182 parts are now gone, otherwise id stick some bits in the post to you.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, if you are really stuck you can borrow bits off of mine until you can replace them

Is the car still driveable I take it

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bad story. At lease you got away damage free.

I would love to offer you a Scorpion Exhaust for a very good price (good cause and all), however, it's all the way up here in Cumbria and it's too big for me to package up and post.
What extent is the damage to the exhaust, is the manifold still ok?

Ben

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this too mate. There truly are some real idots out there and you are just not allowed to have anything nice these days without other small minded people taking exception to it. But as other people have said, at least you or your friends were not hurt, im kind of hoping that they will see that your actions potentially stopped them getting seriously hurt and that they may have a whip round and at least help you out a bit with the finances.

Nice to see some of the Trophy guys are rallying round a bit too. Im sure your post will see a few more people offering their help too. Hope you get it sorted.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Sorry to hear this too mate. There truly are some real idots out there and you are just not allowed to have anything nice these days without other small minded people taking exception to it. But as other people have said, at least you or your friends were not hurt, im kind of hoping that they will see that your actions potentially stopped them getting seriously hurt and that they may have a whip round and at least help you out a bit with the finances.

Nice to see some of the Trophy guys are rallying round a bit too. Im sure your post will see a few more people offering their help too. Hope you get it sorted.

+1

I would have run them over.

Reaction score
wow thanks for the sincere replies guys, means alot.
Azreal thats a really decent off but i would do that for the same reasons you don't lend money to mates kinda thing, i wouldn't feel right about it.
Ben mate again i appreciate the help but like you said i P&P is going to be a real pain, so i think im just gonna have to order a new one.

In other news K-Tec are going to sort me out with some discount after i told them what happened, again Shaun was shocked and appalled, people are actually crazy.
ok quick update.
things are on the up, the parts can be sourced fairly easily, just praying nothing fundamental is bent, a lick of paint is expensive enough, but axles shocks and the rest of it.... dear me.

its going to dropped off at the body shop today or tomorrow, they can asses the damage and call me with a parts list, which will then go to Shaun and K-Tec apart from the exhaust, which will have to be a new buy. as for the manifold i think I'm fine, touch wood. there's that massive weak spot where the decat, meets the exhaust which I'm hoping as soon as this suffered impact split off, similar to how a fuse works, a surge of power breaks at the weakest part rather than destroying everything.

all of this will be coming out of my own pocket, i have an exam friday in Bio mechanics, then its gonna be balls to the wall to try and get this fixed. i would still love to get an R26r so id be shooting my self in the foot if i told them and claimed, sometimes its just easier to do it yourself rather than rely on others, because a 21 year old with a broken T is gonna ruin me next year insurance wise if i said anything, and i can certainly wave good by to the R26.r dream.

264 has suffered a minor set back, as has my faith in peoples mental state of metal health. the car will be fixed in a few weeks i should think ill have her looking shiny and again in no time. positive state of mind :p then ill do an update on 264 and you can all make a fuss of how nicer example it is.

for now gents
have good sunday.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unreal this incident, feel deeply sorry for you (and the car!)

Being an insurance man, what is your excess and likely increase in premium should you claim?

May be cost effective to claim?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Damn! Hope the little aholes get caught!!

Have you plugged the OBD reader in to see what fault it throws up?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
marrow said:
wigstar1 said:

+1

I would have run them over.
Me too, a guy running at me with a bottle, full beams on, rev the engine and if he still keep running towards me, then "lets dual and see who wins" :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
wow thanks for the sincere replies guys, means alot.
Azreal thats a really decent off but i would do that for the same reasons you don't lend money to mates kinda thing, i wouldn't feel right about it.
Ben mate again i appreciate the help but like you said i P&P is going to be a real pain, so i think im just gonna have to order a new one.

Thats ok chap you're welcome, I still remember you just getting yours, shame its had a bump and especially under these circumstances. It's definitely worth you fixing it yourself as the insurance load over 5 years would outweigh the cost of repair anyway.

I'm guessing some of the parts you need are common to the 182 so as you require paint anyway that might open up your options. There must be a plethora of used parts out there, just a case of looking/ringing/ebaying around.