Reaction score
I have decided to do my 24K service at Mark Fish cause he's near me and very good etc. I will be getting the front dampers unpinned at the same time,along with all the brakes as they are due for the heave ho.
I am going for the Brembo Max HC discs with pagid blues and braided lines.

Question 1: I know that oem discs and pads are fine on the rear, but as i can afford to do the rears as well, i want to.
Someone on here has said before they think you can get brembo HC disks for the rear. Is this true? I cant see them on yozza or k-tek. If so, where? Also, do they come with the rear bearings and ABS sensors, or do you fit them to them.

Question 2: Can Mark Fish get all of this stuff for me, or is it better to get it myself and just get him to fit it?

Question 3: Im trying to work out how much it will come to. Front disks, pads and lines are £310 from yozza, labour maybe £200, 24K service £300, dampers unpinned?

Thanks for any help people!! =D>

Reaction score
my 24k service from reno was £235 so i would hope mark fish would be cheaper.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oem disks are fine on the rear - upgrade the pads to ds2500 though...

Mark would probably be able to source the stuff but i always like getting them myself - plus you'll save a bit, which is always nice.

Not sure on cost - i'd expect it to be somewhere in the low £200's though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had most of this done at Mark's although i provided all the kit, i'll try to remember to dig the invoice out for tomorrow.

Reaction score
Just fitted the Brembo Max HC discs with pagid blues and braided lines to mine and thinking along similar lines to Peter. I think the lines that Yozza sell have zinc plated fittings so I went for a full S/S Goodridge set.

The rear's look a bit sad now with brand new discs on the front, will wire brush and paint the calipers so that should help a little.

Here is a link to the rear Ferodo DS2500's :-
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2346

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Went over to Mark Fish today to book my car in for the service. I have to say, what a lovely guy. I cant fault the guy on either his knowledge, or his excellent customer service skills. We nattered for 45 mins, he even asked me if my passenger would be getting bored etc. I shall definitely be going there in future. So Pajid blue,

Had the first MOT today. Passed of course, but with two advisories. Front tyre wear and front brake wear. Front brakes I know about. Tyres are between 2-3 mm so not imminent imo.
brembo max, braided hoses, dot 5.1, service, and damper pin removal. As said in another post, he advised me to reduce the damping by five clicks, I was going to reduce anyway. Looks like rears dont need doing yet anyway so get away with those this time. Will get all of this done next tuesday/wednesday. Then when I need front tyres, Ill go back for them and get a full geo while im at it for 2 deg negative camber. He also advised me to do the service before the warranty runs out. Even though I could not get the car to a garage in time if something did need warranty work, he can take it to the stealers on my behalf for the price of an hours labour, eg £57+VAT. I owe him a few beers I reckon. :mrgreen:

I will post again once Its all done to let you know the costs, service, and how the car feels.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Finally remembered to dig out invoice;

For fitting of supplied;

Solid Top mounts
Brembo discs
Pagid RS4-2
Goodridge brake lines
Camber bolts

Removal of Damper pins
Geometry set up and steering wheel centering

Supply brake fluid

£320 inc VAT, not at all bad i thought, probably could have got it done cheaper and maybe done most of it myself but for a good job, well done i'm prepared to pay that piece of mind.

Reaction score
I will ask mark about the benefits of solid top mounts. How do you find them compared to the standard ones.
He also mentioned motorsport ball joints. I have always wanted to get the suspension arms from the cup cars, if you know what I mean, as they are much stiffer and completely different. Does anyone know anything about these?