Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
All,

Sadly the time has come for me to move on from the Trophy. It's an unfortunate casualty in a series of events and one I wish I could save, however having this and the Vee is out of the question and it'll sorely be missed:

IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg

It's had:
36,000 miles - and just had BOTH belts done - auxiliary and cambelt.
Full service - pollen filter, oil and filter, and a PiperX foam air filter in the standard box.
BRAND NEW Renault Trophy fitment Turinis - not the ones you get from Speedline in 'nearly' the same fitment. These were wrapped in Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tyres, and a full geometry check and adjust performed at ProTyre/Southam Tyres, with printout.
BRAND NEW rear disks and pads.
Nearly new front disks and pads.
Genuine Renault Xenon headlamps.
Genuine RenaultSport Mats.

Modifications from standard:
Engine cover (200g weight saving to make the engine look messy?).
Renault Clio 182 Leather/Alcantara interior (retaining the Trophy Recaros).
Renault Clio 182 Xenon Headlamps
PiperX Air Filter in standard airbox.

All of which I genuinely believe to be 'required' on the Trophy to make it 'finished', however at worst you could call the modifications tasteful. The dampers are all fine (checked and performing normally) and the engine is running absolutely perfectly, pulls fantastically and sounds exactly as it should do with no rattles or taps. The paintwork is unblemished and is regularly waxed with whatever takes my fancy from a list of Dodo Juice, Swissvax and Meguiars waxes. The wheels are (as you'd expect of being 2 months old tops!) unmarked and the tyres barely used.

High-ish asking price due to the fact that many £7,000-£7,500 Trophys are coming up on wanting a cambelt change early next year, or needing mechanical sympathy or cosmetic attention. It's not going to go for free but I'm open to reasonable offers, however I've absolutely no need for any car in part exchange for it - that's the whole reason it's up for sale.

Mike

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That was very quick, if it wasn't for the price I'd say Steve ;-)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
if it wasn't for the price I'd say Steve ;-)

Seems not, and by the way I was refering to Steve's "eye for a bargain" :wink:

Reaction score
Re: 2005 Renault Clio 182 Trophy - £8000

Back up for sale. Not impressed in the slightest.

Reaction score
Re: 2005 Renault Clio 182 Trophy - £8000

3rd pic. is that an elise or exige?

Reaction score
yeah i'm struggling to sell mine as well, some people seem to have been born without a brain these days... no i do not want to swop it for a diesel punto lol

Reaction score
How did you find the swissvax and which one was it?

I'm looking at trying some best in show when my zymol concours runs out

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I use BOS on my T and am liking the results a lot, easy to apply by hand or pad and although I'm guilty of applying too much easy to take off. Was using supernatural previously and much prefer the bos.

Reaction score
Not a fan of any dodo myself. Just got some sour power and don't like it. The rain forest rub was poor and the maguires clay kit from halfords is IMO better than the dodo with born slippy.

IMO zymol makes dodo look very very ordinary

Reaction score
Am i right in saying a 200mL pot of Swissvax BOS is £130 a pot?! Is it really that good?! I spotted one that costs £500 a pot... :eek:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is it worth it? I suppose I could tempt fate by saying you saw the car the other day, what do YOU think?

Reaction score
Only £500??? That will be Paul Daltons crystal which is (off the top of my head) 79% carnuba. Paul used to use Zymol Royale at £7k a tub but I heard a rumour he fell out with Zymol. To be fair Zymol sound like fussy buggers. To buy there 3 best waxes you need to apply to buy them. Vintage (£1800) Royale (£7000) Solaris(£30,000)

I had some Zymol Vintage on my 225 F1.

My stuff is £160 a tub but you need some clense at £28 to use it plus the right aplicators so £200 all in.

Is it worth it?? IMO yes as a tub will last 3 years and provides much more protection, shine etc than summat like supagard that dealers charge £300 for.

I will say that I bought the Concours when I had a 225 F1 (ie blue) and if I had the Trophy I would have gone for the cheaper rouge that has a lower carnuba content but has red dye and is specifically for solid red cars.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Is it worth it? I suppose I could tempt fate by saying you saw the car the other day, what do YOU think?

I remember it looking red :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well I suppose that's a start.

PB you might want to check your info on the rouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.