Reaction score
Might sell if the price is right. Would accept £11,200.

Current mods and pics:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=49193

ICE build in progress, should be finished soon:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48239

Me and one previous owner since import in 2005. Thousands and thousands spent on the car by both of us. Previous owner is also a itr-dc5 member. Well looked after. Frequent oil changes by TGM in Fleet. No expense spared, we both only used top brands on the car.

Jap log book, UK log book, spare keys, C Pack, rear fog in light clusters. Private plate will be included in the sale. Also receipts for work carried out, geom sheet, dyno at TDI North etc etc.

MOT till March 08
Tax till September 08 (£190, not the higher like some unlucky DC5's.)

Bad points:

Couple of car parking dents on doors, I'm being picky here, no paint damage, very small and only noticeable at certain angles.
Drivers side floor matt has seen better days
Drivers bolster worn, but not as bad as some newer cars - I'm always careful when getting in and out.
Two front wheels both have kerb marks. Neither buckled, checked by center gravity.
Usual stone chips.
Couple of scuffs on rear bumber, waiting on insurance money form 3rd party and it'll be getting full sprayed.

I'm being picky there, the car is otherwise mint and you'll struggle to find such a well looked after black DC5 in the UK for sale. I'm sure many who have seen it will vouch for the condition.

Thinking of selling as I might be buying a house so I need to free up some cash. Will probably accept a immaculate DC2 part ex. Don't mind if it's modded, as long as they are good mods and carried out by a reputable tuner.

No time wasters, stupid offers or stupid part ex's. I'm not in a hurry to sell it, so don't even try it. If it doesn't sell or get much interest then I'll just keep it. Test drive only if you show me proof of FULLY COMP insurance.

Standard bonnet and manifold included.

Reaction score
Chris I cant believe your selling your pride and joy :shock:

She is a stunning motor and has been very well looked after and cared for thats for sure.

Some pictures taken August 2007

20070805_run2_80.jpg

20070805_run2_91.jpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in those two pics the cars looks mint, good luck with the sale, i'm not too keen on that rear wing though....and why have you gone for 10W60 oil?

Reaction score
That's what Tom at TGM Motorsports runs in his race cars and reccomends for most modded DC5's.

Good enough for him so good enough for me. Previously it was Silkolene Pro S 5w40.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd have thought you'd only see the benefit over 70/80 mph so I presume you run this on track a fair bit, have you run the car with and without it - if so have you noticed a difference at road speeds?

Also the 10w60 oil is racing oil i believe as it doesn't need the lower tolerances that road use nbrings.... the Pro S is a highly respected oil - why switch?

Not sure how this comes across so I want to point out that i'm asking out of pure interest not questioning your judgement or criticising etc.

Reaction score
No worries mate. The car has been to Silverstone once and has had three runs up the drag strip with me as owner. I know that the previous owner had it at Santa Pod once though unsure how many runs he did. I am still in touch with him so I can find out if any prospective owner is interested.

I was going to track the car a lot more then intended, it's what it's built for! Only problem was that I've had so much going on in my personal life over the previous 8 months that I'vve found neither the time nor the money to do it.

I've not noticed any differences between the oils it must be said, from performance to consumption. Only reason I changed is as above, it's what Tom at TGM uses and recommends, and as many of the DC5 community will tell you, what he doesn't know about the DC5 both engine and chassis wise isn't worth knowing.

Hope this clears it up for yourself and others that may be interested as to why.

EDIT it's not racing oil, it's commercially available from dealers such as Opie Oils etc.

Reaction score
Just to let you all know that I would consider PX for Clio Trophy.