Reaction score
Topic and picture originally from cliosport.net

Me and Sharky UK's Trophys snapped in the Black Mountains today, mental roads! :D

Sad i know posting my own car this way but i just had too :lol:

2trophy600x400.jpg

(by the way should i have put this in spotted section?!)

Reaction score
That's a nice picture, and there's nothing wrong with posting a nice pic of your car, if I had more of mine I'd do the same.

What road was that? It looks very fun.

Reaction score
lol i'm sure sharky has a few pictures of yours and his car from the day out he has a nice one of us both on the way back to the stage point was really good fun day out and lovely to have so many great cars with us :) also great to see the two trophy:s out together. Thanks sharky for letting me have your car at the weekend :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
salem said:
lol i'm sure sharky has a few pictures of yours and his car from the day out he has a nice one of us both on the way back to the stage point was really good fun day out and lovely to have so many great cars with us :) also great to see the two trophy:s out together. Thanks sharky for letting me have your car at the weekend :)

No worries salem :D I'll get some pics posted up in the next couple of days...

Reaction score
Berty said:
What road was that? It looks very fun.

Yes VERY fun!

Not 100% sure of the name and exact location. I know the Black Mountains are located in the Breacon Beacons, the easterly side of the range. Top Gear have done a few features and road tests on the very road.

Salem or Sharky will know more info then me as they have been many a time!

By the way in the photo, who is who Salem?! :lol:

Some other pics of the road

044.jpg

087.jpg

Reaction score
Cheers for that, I recognise that tight bend from pics by others who have a very good memory of road numbers, I'll ask them which ones and have a little trip down there at some point. The trophy tripods nicely around it from what I've seen.

Reaction score
Berty said:
Cheers for that, I recognise that tight bend from pics by others who have a very good memory of road numbers, I'll ask them which ones and have a little trip down there at some point. The trophy tripods nicely around it from what I've seen.

I dont like giving out my favourite roads because they get busy with loads of people using them but this road is well know its the A4069 runs from Llangudog to Brunamman. I've been on this road a number of times over the years either by car or on a motor bike and I've see a few accidents so please be careful.. Not telling you to sulk eggs I'm sure you are all excellent drivers.. and yes theTrophy handles well but dont be surprised if a sheep or wild horse runs out infront of you (rare but I have seen it happen more then once or twice) also as I believe a few people from Clio Sport found out.. there are rocks and the grass isnt nice and flat so if you do come off the road you will loose your splitter or worse.. :oops: Thankfully I havent had any off's or any problems and just witnessed a few on my travels.. which is why I slowed down when I saw a small group of people standing near the hairpin I thought on bugger not another crash lol .. but the :evil: does come out when driving up that hill and approaching the hairpin :D

Reaction score
here is another pic that one of the cliosport members e-mailed me. Love the backdrop :eek:

062.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Here ya go... :wink: Mine and Jonny's Trophys...

20080810_rebelrun_196.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_197.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_198.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_200.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_178.jpg

Salem, Jonny, and I were on one of our Rebel meets and you can see all the images from the day here. We had a cracking turn out for this one! 8)