DSCF0507.jpg
DSCF0519.jpg
DSCF0506.jpg
DSCF0523.jpg
DSCF0530.jpg
DSCF0532.jpg
DSCF0516.jpg
DSCF0509.jpg

White looks absolutely gorgeous... without doubt (and i may be biased) but these 2 colours are the best available in the 197.

However, there's no way i'd have a Cup... i just won't sacrifice the creature comforts of the R27. Plus, after a quick spin in the Cup, i can hand on heart say it doesn't feel any different to mine. This one has no a/c and just the Recaro's plus the Cup spoiler, which i must say suits it to perfection

Reaction score
Looking good 8) . Not feelin that cup spoiler,doesn't suite imo. R27 is a different matter,looks like it came out of the factory with it.Finishes the rear end of nicely.

Reaction score
White looks very nice and I ve been very tempted by price!!!

So whats it like in comparison to Trophy?

Reaction score
I have read a brief item that at Geneva they have launched a 36kg lighter, sligfhtly more powerful version.

Reaction score
I had a go of a 197 Cup around Spa. I was really impressed with it to be honest. It was hard to compare whether it was faster or slower than the Trophy as I was lapping all day with R888's on the Trophy. I was very impressed though and the looks have grown on me so much.

However, Evo mag did a back to back test and the Trophy lapped half a second faster than the 197 Cup, and it had mucg more worn tyres.

Awesome car though.

Reaction score
The figures quoted are for professional drivers & i don't consider myself that good :^o

My tomato had yozzasport exhaust, maxogen, mag 15's & R888's with ds2500 brembos & lines / fluid etc etc etc.

After mastering Oulton for most of the day i had the last 45 mins in the Cup, would of been more but fuel was gone :lol:

Could not believe how late i could brake getting near & nearer to apexes & to say it was on stock contis it was awesome.

The balance was excellent with none of the figiting if you know what i mean.

Good to have 3yr warranty & recovery as well, hope to have as much fun in this :D

Reaction score
Horses for course and all those cliches :oops:
As a very average driver who's not yet done 10 trackdays, I would expect to lap quicker in the grippier, "easier" 197 - and I too really enjoyed driving the 197 Cup on 2 separate RSUK trackdays last year! - but on day to day driving, some of the fun factor is likely lost vs greater comfort and solidity.

Reaction score
Well Silverstone came & went :D

The Cup did not dissapoint, infact with a set of sticky tyres i'll be sorted.

No brake mods needed as they are so powerful from stock, balance & poise again were a revalation.

For off the showrom floor it is hard to believe how sorted these are.

Which trackday to do next??

Reaction score
Well the Conti 3's are on the garage floor & my new road/track rubber is finally on.

After a few quick drives am very suprised how good the new rubber is, just need a few wet days to compare levels of grip with contis & paradas :D

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Hankook RS2

Correct.

Now they are bedded in i can say they are fooking awesome.

Only down side is more road noise due to very stiff tyre walls, ala r888.

In the dry they are emense & for the couple of wet days we have had i started slowly as was wary of them letting go. But after a few runs through the countyside well happy. Just need a trackday now to see how they go :D

Destined For Victory was with me the day after i got them fitted & i'm still awaiting his views :shock: