Reaction score
i don't like it.... well not from them pictures anyway... plus i would like creature comforts... but then thats what the R27 exists for really

Day

Reaction score
I said it would be available in white all along!

I'll wait for the 197 Trophy having said I'll wait for the 197 Cup...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
Almost there Renault - just needs more power and a diff now.

Yes. Also as Cue says it will be interesting to see what it weighs in at. And considering how under spec the trophy is in the power stakes, has anyone dyno'd a 197 to get a realistic power/weight ratio?

Reaction score
Some of the side on pictures make it look like it's on stilts!!!

The white body offset by dark wheels is certainly appealing but I still don't think it has that certain something that the Trophy does appearance wise.

I also think it looks better with the graphics close to the arch vent than without...

Reaction score
I like it, and I'm glad that there is at least one mainstream car manufacturer that is still prepared to offer the driving enthusiast even more focused variants of the base sports model.

So it's a big thumbs up from me to Renault, and I'm looking forward to see if Renault will produce a model like the Trophy, with all the mod cons, but an even more focused chassis.

I won't be trading in myself, as I think my time with front drivers is coming to an end, and the Trophy still delivers everything I want from a daily driver so well. But I think Renault still shows itself to be the number one for the hot hatch enthusiast! :D

Reaction score
Finally.

Don't know why its still got halogens though, I'd rather have manual AC than those phat headlights. Be interesting to see how much lard they managed to trim though. Might have to have a test drive to mock them.

Reaction score
The jury is still out on this one for me - pretty sure i dont like it - fair play to Renault though for trying to save a few pounds. Ditching some of the equipment mentioned seems pretty pointless - it'll be interesting to see what the reviews are like.

Still think more power is the answer to the 'fat car' problem ;)

Reaction score
To blow your emotions up even more, read this... :wink:
Facts:
- Cup chassis
- new gearbox, which will be appearing across the Clio Renault Sport range from October
- with a stance slung 7mm lower than Clio Renault Sport, it boasts a lower centre of gravity which reduces load transfer. Its cornering power on the flat is further enhanced by damper setups and increased spring stiffness (+27% at the front, +30% at rear) for higher performance and extreme pleasure. With a 10% increase in bending stiffness and more flexible bump stops, the double-axis strut system derived directly from Clio Renault Sport expresses its full potential
- in France, the “World Series by Renaultâ€Â￾ Clio Renault Sport is priced at €21,900
- top speed (km/h) 223
- 0-100 km/h (s) 6.9
- 400 m from standstill (s) 15
- 1000 m from standstill (s) 27.5
- kerb weight 1240 kg

Reaction score
Sure it doesn't weigh any less than a regular 197, its got a crappy hard plastic dash and the NA engine can't match iVTEC thrills, but IMO this looks as good if not better than any hot hatch being produced at the moment :D
LPIC0288.jpg
Note: taken from RSUK forum, dealer demo