Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm André, i have a Clio 182 and decided to register here after seeing a video on youtube from a swiss trophy owner that mencioned this forum.

since i already know that at least one swiss his here, and i'm sure that there are others, perhaps someone could answer some questions i have about the swiss regulations regarding car modifications!
i already asked them on another forum but didn't get many replies...

so here goes:
- can i buy an aftermarket exhaust in the UK and then legalize it to be able to use it in Switzerland? how?
i ask this because i'd like to buy a Janspeed exhaust system but here i only found milltek! don't know (or care) witch is best. i just prefer the Janspeed because of the slash-cut exits!

what tire sizes can i use in my 182? winter tires specifically?
i currently use 185\60 R15 that came with the car when i bought it and they make a lot of noise. they came with steels wheels so i put them on some 7X15 AEZ Xylo's that came from my diesel Clio. the wheels are not legal and i've been told that if i have some oem wheels i can just go to Renault and get the documents necessary to legalize them so i have the valver turbines to go in but since i don't like them very much on the 182 i'm looking for some williams wheels!

by the way! the video i mentioned earlier was from a trophy with matte black williams wheels! they look awesome!

think that's all!
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi Andre, the guy you are talking about is called Luca and his user name on here is Oxygen. If you send him a personal message I'm sure he will be able to answer your questions.
His site is something like www.cliotrophy.ch

Reaction score
ok! just sent him a PM!

meanwhile, i've found someone selling 5 sets of speedline 2118 used in the Clio Cup! they look great on the 182 but, again, i don't know if i can use them legally in Switzerland...

Reaction score
Hi AFerreira,
thanks for your PM.

I have the milltek system, not approved in Switzerland, I have create a fake certification, never had problems.
In Thun there is the official milltek importer. It's cheap and good, but not approved, something approved are for Example the Supersprint or INOXCAR systems.

For winter I use the 15 wheels of speedline, the williams's ones, I have bought 4 wheels gold, and trasformed as you have seen, the tyres are nankang or something like that, 195/50 r15, this winter is the 3th winter they will do (and probably the last), tyres are good.

bye
Luca

Reaction score
thanks for the response!

what do you mean with fake certification? you made it yourself? please tell me how! :D
you never had problems at the inspection? i would hate to be forced to buy a standard exhaust to pass inspection in 2010 after installing the milltek and throwing the old one in the trash...

is this the site of the official milltek importer? http://www.tranchet-trading.com

Reaction score
Hi
Yes I have done myself a certificate for my exhaust, a papier with some technical data of the engine normally used in this certificate.

I was stopped only 1 time where police man ask me the certificate and I didn't have problem, for the next inspection "MFK" I will fitt back the original exhaust so I don't have problems.

http://www.tranchet-trading.com is the right website of dominique tranchet that can import for you the exhaust system from UK.

Bye
Luca

Reaction score
that's what i was afraid... every 2 years i will have to change back to the original exhaust to go to the inspection... so i will need to store it somewhere...
but i think it's still worth the trouble because if i keep the original in the car, it will not last very long because it has a lot of rust already... :cry:

you much did you pay for your milltek?
can you send me a copy of your certificate or tell me how to make one?

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi
I payed my milltek system (central + end side) about 1200 CHF (taxes, shipping cousts from uk to Thun and after to Ticino inclused).

I have to give a look into my pc if I find the file of the certificate.

ciao
Luca