Reaction score
how much difference to the handling does dropping down to say....15 inch williams rims on 19/50/15s on do???

they are pretty much the same rolling radius just a little less width.

i know quite a few people drop down a size in trackday wheel/tyre for cost reasons...but how much diff would they make on road/cut slick tyres compared to the 16s on say pe3s?? bearing in mind pe2s are still available in 15 inch ;)

discuss......

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll let you know tomorrow mate I'm fitting my 15" Williams track wheels tomorrow.

is1

Reaction score
I asked this question a month or two back as I want to downsize to 15s to be able to use PE2s.
Not many responses. The only real reply was Sir_Dave to the effect that the car actually drove better on 15s. This seems to be the prevailing view on Cliosport too but of course handling and feel are very subjective.
One obvious advantage could be a reduction in unsprung weight. Even a couple of kilos per corner with a smaller wheel/tyre combo is significant. I recall reading somewhere that unsprung weight is equivalent to 4x sprung weight so could be a "real" saving of about 32 kilos.

Oh, and PE2s for 15" are about £60 each fitted!

Reaction score
My 15" wheel/tyre combo (speedline 2118 et43 /Toyo R888's - for track use) weigh 2kg more per wheel over std Turinis and PE2's! feels great on track - possibly a bit worse for the brakes (heating) due to less free air space around the calipers with the smaller dia rims. I did it purely for cheaper tyre prices.

Last edited:

is1

Reaction score
And I thought everbody went for 2118s for their strength/light weight!

Reaction score
Possibly mate I'm not sure on that. I thinks it's for looks more than anything else.

Reaction score
People buy 2118s so that they can look like the cup racers. Unfortunately, they are made of pig iron, unlike the magnesium ones (i think) that the race cars use ...

FYI, R888's are also alot heavier than normal tyres :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've the 2020's with R888's and they're still heavier. The R888 tyre weighs more than the wheel.

There's no negative for me - they're noisier on road (down to the tyre)

The only thing to consider is you can't fit 4 pots under 15'' wheels, so if this is a possibiliy for a future mod then you'll have to stay on 16" rims...

Reaction score
I would say one of the best 15" wheels for the clios are either oz f1's or Williams wheels if you can pick up a set. Both are pretty light compared to 2118's.

Reaction score
so my spare willy rims should be ideal then. ;) thats good to hear will have to throw some pe2s on and see how it goes i think.

Reaction score
Yeah they are perfect. I've got a spare set that i used on track yesterday.