Reaction score
Hey guys!

After a really easy and pleasant sale with Dallas (duffer) I am now the proud new owner of #154, woohooo! (Cheers Dallas - top guy!)

Thanks to everyone for their help with pointing out cars that were for sale and for giving me assistance with things to look at. :)

Trophy ownership has not even been 24 hours but it's heaven already!!! She drives like a dream and looks simply awesome on the driveway! The whole experience was made even better when the guy a couple of doors down (who drives around like he's the daddy in his kitted focus) stared at the car as he drove past last night :wink:

So who else is in the Essex/East London area?

I noticed a Trophy parked at Upminster Station this morning, anyone owning up to that one?

PS. Anyone got any tips for helping nervous girlfriends get used to a more powerful car?! :roll:

Rich

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
PS. Anyone got any tips for helping nervous girlfriends get used to a more powerful car?! :roll:

a) leave them at home, it cuts down on excess wieght.
b) drive very quickly, there is an optimum speed when they become quiet, you'll have to find yours. :lol:

wellcome.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:

find a girlfriend with a 182 of their own :wink:

more of a bonus is when said girlfriend lets you use her car whilst you're waiting for your new car to arrive :D

in all honesty, start her off on some dual carriageways when the roads are quiet and go from there perhaps?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
quik5i1ver said:

b) drive very quickly, there is an optimum speed when they become quiet, you'll have to find yours. :lol:

wellcome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL

I'm gunna try that tonight.

Reaction score
ROFL!!!

Well she spent the whole journey back from Luton on the m1 and m25 quite quietly, despite being stuck in traffic for the majority!! I did give it a little juice out of road works but nothing too much, she then hated it when I put the speed limiter at 25 due to some stupid woman who drove on my boot all the through a village near us! :twisted:
To quote her upon acceleration - I don't like this, it feels like a roller coaster, you get pushed back into your seat..!! (And the problem with that would be????!!!!:shock: )

On a separate note, the front tyres are heading towards their limit markers with probably a mm remaining. Will be doing somewhere in the region of 500 - 1000 miles over Christmas, travelling down to Devon so should I think about getting replacements beforehand or are they likely to hold out?

Reaction score
My tyres started to feel a little slippy at that depth of tred. ESP light was flashing like a set of fairy lights. My advice get them changed.

Try MyTyres.com.

Some dispute about deliver time but the the cost makes up for it. I thought 5 days was fine (over a weekend aswell).

Got a pair last week for £160, took em to Kwik Fit and they fitted and balanced both for a tenner cash, bargain. :D :D

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have to say that with the damp roads, 1st gear acceleration had to be applied very gently to avoid said flashing light!!!!! Despite this my dad still gave a bit too much as he pulled away from a lay by when I let him drive... And they wonder where I get it from! :roll:

What's the advice as far as tyre fitters go? I remember seeing my uncle's vectra after vauxhall fitted new tyres on his 17" alloys and they scraped every spoke to high heaven!!! Am rather wary of where to get mine done...?!

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! :D

For tyre fitters it may be worth checking for a Pirelli performance centre near you, they are supposed to use special soft tools and extra special care when fitting tyres, and don't worry they don't have to be Pirelli's...

Reaction score
You know. I must have cotton wool in my head. ](*,) #-o

Didn't even occur to me that the numpties at Kwik Fit could have scratched my allys. They must have been having a good day. :roll:

Reaction score
Just called a place near me, £82 each including fitting (elite) I've seen them advertised plenty of times before. was thinking I might wash over the wheels and take them down, that way I can see that they haven't been marked afterwards :wink:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
quik5i1ver said:

wellcome.

RAOFPMATDL!!!

Honestly though, they get used to it, my Emily doesn't like it when I don't put my foot down, she asks me what's wrong! She instinctively knows now to utilise the grab handle on the approach to a roundabout.

On a much more interesting note, you've only experienced the Trophy with the fronts down to the wear indicators! This is great, I have about 3mm left and the grip on the front has reduced dramatically of late, I'm having to slow for corners now which is quite frustrating, you wait til get a new pair of PE2's on NO.154, you won't believe the grip it musters. I've heard mytyres or costco are the cheapest but by all means shop around and report back.

Reaction score
I tried to delay giving up the car with the 'ol can't find the Renault Assist card routine, but that only worked for about 20 mins :wink: Being sidewalk bound sucks :roll: :lol:

Reaction score
LOL. I just replaced my fronts, indeed the grip is a lot better, indeed the gf has been noticing that I'm utilising it :p

As my tyres were getting quite low on tread before I'd decided to conduct a bit of an experiment to see how far I could stretch the mpg in everyday driving. Although my gf doesn't appreciate being a passenger in the car when it's being driven anywhere near the limit, she did comment "You seem to be driving like a grandad lately..." 8)

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
I tried to delay giving up the car with the 'ol can't find the Renault Assist card routine, but that only worked for about 20 mins :wink: Being sidewalk bound sucks :roll: :lol:

Awh man, I feel so bad taking the car away!!!! :oops:

Think I may try to grab some new tyres tomorrow if I get time, gotta clean all the grit off the alloys first!!!! Damn gritters! By the time i'd meandered oh so slowly a few junctions down the m1 and m25 the poor car had a lovely smattering of salt all over!!! :(