Max

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell the car I had planned on keeping forever.

Due to a total change in career No.138 is for sale.

- 30,538 miles
- Registered August '05
- 1 previous owner
- Full service history
- Dampers refurbed by BG Motorsport mid August, covered roughly 500 miles
- Always garaged
- Totally standard
- MOT'd this week, taxed until the end of this month

I bought the car in November '06 off a gentleman in his mid fifties who was leaving the country to work in Dubai. The car had done 13,700 miles, I have done the remaining 17,000 miles in just under four years, for the first two years I used the car everyday, after that it has been a second car mainly being used at weekends. Since its last MOT (01/10/09) it has only done 2,200 miles.

The car is totally standard and has never had any modifications. The previous owner has fitted at AUX connection to the stereo and he had the side 'Trophy' decals removed from new.

New front discs and pads were put on last November and new rear discs and pads were replaced last August. Super Guard paint protection was applied last May and its allignment was checked by Lang's in Bolton last October.

I have all the paperwork including original sales invoice and both keys.

The car is in excellant condition and I will be genuinely sad to see it go, but I need to raise some money for a new business venture.

CIMG6637.jpg

CIMG6638.jpg

CIMG6640.jpg

CIMG6643.jpg

CIMG6646.jpg

CIMG6647.jpg

CIMG6653.jpg

P1000365.jpg

£6,995 ono.

The car is near Skipton in West Yorkshire, if anyone has any questions, please post up here, PM me, or ring me on 07769675706. I can send lots more pictures too.

Cheers, Max.

Reaction score
Does indeed look like a good one... i like that it's not been modified too. Good luck with the business.

Reaction score
Has it had its belts done?

Im only Halifax ...

Also dont suppose you work at Skipton Building Society? Because I know someone who works there owns a T. Forget his name mind.

How old are you Max and whats the new venture in Skipton?

Max

Reaction score
Thanks Felix, this time next year I'll either be doing really well or bankrupt.

Gorilla, I'm actually between Skipton and Keighley so just over the hill from you. The belts haven't been done but I've priced it accordingly, Don't work in Skipton and haven't seen one around here, not for a while anyway.

New business is importing furniture, very nervous handing over a large amount of cash to a company I've never visited in Indonesia.

You're very welcome to come and have a look at it.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good luck with the sale Max, and the new business :)

Of all the cars you own you really have to sell the best one! Hope its worth it and it all goes well.

Ben

Reaction score
Max said:
Thanks Felix, this time next year I'll either be doing really well or bankrupt.

Gorilla, I'm actually between Skipton and Keighley so just over the hill from you. The belts haven't been done but I've priced it accordingly, Don't work in Skipton and haven't seen one around here, not for a while anyway.

New business is importing furniture, very nervous handing over a large amount of cash to a company I've never visited in Indonesia.

You're very welcome to come and have a look at it.

Where abouts - Crosshills? -

I may pop down one evening if that ok then - My PAPA (As renault puts it) only lives in Utley.

Cant do tomorrow or Sunday as working both days - Might have next weekend off mind - If its still around that long.

Cheers again

SImon

Max

Reaction score
BenG said:
Good luck with the sale Max, and the new business :)

Of all the cars you own you really have to sell the best one! Hope its worth it and it all goes well.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I would love to keep her but it's not the responsible thing to do. I'll still be around to have another jaunt around Cumbria sometime, I'll bring my sat nav next time :D

gorilla said:
Where abouts - Crosshills? -

I may pop down one evening if that ok then - My PAPA (As renault puts it) only lives in Utley.

Cant do tomorrow or Sunday as working both days - Might have next weekend off mind - If its still around that long.

Cheers again

SImon

Yeah, I'm just next to Crosshills in Sutton, although I keep my car in my Mother's garage in Crosshills.

I'm not working at the moment so you can come over anytime. I'm not going to run it before it sells so the milage won't change.

Cheers, Max.

Reaction score
Max said:
very nervous handing over a large amount of cash to a company I've never visited in Indonesia.

How about going over to meet them? Or pay me, and I'll do it :wink:

Max

Reaction score
marrow said:
How about going over to meet them? Or pay me, and I'll do it :wink:

Have thought about going over to visit the factory but the cost would be an amount out of the total budget I have. Have seen the company's products in the UK so I know the quality is up to scratch.

Reaction score
What a vehicle and off such a genuine bloke - Good luck with the venture - Sure you dont want me to take it off your hands this weekend??

Did you get my last text? :D

Reaction score
gorilla said:
What a vehicle and off such a genuine bloke - Good luck with the venture - Sure you dont want me to take it off your hands this weekend??

Sounds like someone may have been a cheeky monkey!?! :-w

Reaction score
Trophy No.
CJ.OK said:
gorilla said:

Sounds like someone may have been a cheeky monkey!?! :-w

Technically a Gorilla is not a monkey :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
There's always the exception that proves the rule; we may have our own missing link :)

Perhaps he should call himself Kangaroo, deep pouch short arms. :)

Reaction score
very nice T. That's what my company do, import by the container load through an intermediary from Indonesia...i have to deliver the poop. Be careful regarding there 'display' version to the stuff they produce en-mass and send to you...it can be of poorer build quality in our experience. And the intermediarys that refuse to take it back if it's crap are a pig for the us, the retailer!

Reaction score
Now now .... Im sure Max will agree Im a v nice guy .. - Just a shame I cant meet his price - Im sure Max is fully aware if I could I most definatly would pay that amount ... but when Im stretching as much as I can - I have to make the offer most suited to me and look at it in the long run. - I might be lucky and I might get it - but then again I may not - in which case it was never ment to be. :)

And as Ive said in a previous post - Good Luck to his buisness venture - because he is a really down to earth, honest guy.

Like took me for a spin in it - Didn't have to - Should me everything regarding the car - and Full Respect to him.

Im sure he will miss it. - But when hes made a million from selling his furniture - Im sure he wont coz he will be in a V6 then.. :lol: