ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I ticked over 18k at Brands too. Doing 140 laps didn't help :p

Lee

Reaction score
Nik said:
I ticked over 18k at Brands too. Doing 140 laps didn't help :p

You beat me, I had a really quiet day yet stil managed 93 miles on track. Not bad for a track that's just over a mile long.

Lee

Reaction score
Just hit 20k. I reckon by the end of this month I'll be on at least 21.5k and probaly 23+ by the end of November.

Reaction score
I'm on 10.5K and it's going to stay low now, having just moved within a quarter mile of work. :D

Now I don't know if it's going to hit 12K before it's a year old so a bit of a dilemna with the service. Might just have it done on it's birthday for peace of mind and good SH.

Can you have a service done and get the stamp if you don't have the oil change? I like to do mine myself because they're a doddle and I know what oil is being used, but what else does the service involve? I'd quite like to do a coolant flush and replace brake fluid but I imagine the service is just a general check over while replacing the oil,air and pollen filter, two of which I don't need! Cheers.

Reaction score
I've just gone past a year of ownership, but I'm not going to get the service done until I reach 12k - which is only a month or so away. I've changed the oil twice, and regularily check the fluids, so I'm content that my Trophy does not need the service done each and every year on the dot.

I'll be getting Rentech to change the oil when the service is due, like you I find it an easy enough job, but I'd prefer to be able to hand over a service invoice that includes the oil change. I'm not to sure if a main dealer would be happy to stamp the book if they have not done the oil change themselves, probably worth calling around to see what they say.

For a full list of what operations are required at service time, have a look at page 11 of the service booklet. IMO the coolant and brake fluid really should not need changing yet unless the car has been subjected to a very hard life. :D