Reaction score
Aha and all that spec LOL I spent hours searching the web for a suitable light aircraft picture for the header and gave up - going for the aviation header instead! Next up maybe an EE Lightning - fav all time plane.

Reaction score
Its car number 416 at sgt, they have offered it to me if the guy who has a deposit on it (is it someone on the list) at present doesn't do the deal. I am wondering whether its worth the £12,995 they are asking for it when a 197 can be bought for a grand more and surely there will be coilover options in the future to better the car.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
richyboy123 said:
Its car number 416 at sgt, they have offered it to me if the guy who has a deposit on it (is it someone on the list) at present doesn't do the deal. I am wondering whether its worth the £12,995 they are asking for it when a 197 can be bought for a grand more and surely there will be coilover options in the future to better the car.

the two can never be truely compared - the size is what does it, i'm not just talking weight but internally it feels like a amily car not a super mini if that makes sense.

Without that I'd say to get the same poke you'd need 210-220+ out of the engine the extra 15bhp that the 197 puts out is lost. cornering characteristics are completely different also, it feels like a completely different car. One that, compared to the Trophy, isn't as good.

Given the option of a 172 and 197 i'd go with the 197 and modify the arse of it. but Trophy and 197-it'd be Trophy everytime :)

Reaction score
Spot on Cue, the 197 has 25 more horsepower than the original 172 but has almost identical performance, acceleration wise, and the 172 Cup or 182 would be a few car lengths ahead, even to 60. I don't think a replacement model need necessarily out perform it's predecessor in every department but to not eclipse the previous previous model in the british favourite benchmark, the 0-60 is suicide. I reckon it put a lot of 172/182 owners off upgrading. Look how much they had to fiddle with the ratios (6mph lower V-Max in a more powerful, slipperier car with an extra ratio!) to get the on paper 6.9 secs.